Keith Howard's article on speaker load made my head spin. I don't think I have the slightest clue what he said. This is what I got out of the article:
1. Greater impedance is easier to drive than lower impedance.
2. Lower phase angle (not quite sure what that is) is better than a steep one.
3. Greater impedance with lower phase angle is best
4. Low impedance with steep phase angle is worst.
5. High power, high current amplifiers can drive a wider range of speakers than lower current amps.
Is there any reason not to make speakers easy to drive? Is it just a matter of driver matching? Does it affect sound quality if speakers are made efficient and easy to drive?