You are here

Log in or register to post comments
ncdrawl
ncdrawl's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 4 months ago
Joined: Oct 18 2008 - 9:18am
Belts for the NAD 533

My little brother just got a new flat in town, and I figured id hook him up with some gear. Ive got an old nad 533(same as rega p2 I believe, rebadged) and an aranov integrated. only thing I dont have is the belt to play 45s on the NAD. any idea where to get one? I am also curious as to what phono stage can be had for great bang to buck ratio(and cartridge..it has a Grado Black MM currently). The table was given to me when I had a fleeting interest in Vinyl(I have none now), and I never touched it. my brother inherited my dads record collection, and I thought id give him a good gift with which to enjoy it.

Jim Tavegia
Jim Tavegia's picture
Offline
Last seen: Never ago
Joined: Sep 1 2005 - 4:27pm
Re: Belts for the NAD 533

That is a very nice gift. Any Rega dealer should be able to help him as could the on line source, www.neddledoctor.com .
I would only suggest a measurement when you call or email them with the length you will need, just to be safe.

I have had good success also with www.turntablebasics.com and
http://www.vintage-electronics.cc/vttbelt.html .

Good luck.

ncdrawl
ncdrawl's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 4 months ago
Joined: Oct 18 2008 - 9:18am
Re: Belts for the NAD 533

thank you Sir! very much appreciated.


Quote:
That is a very nice gift. Any Rega dealer should be able to help him as could the on line source, www.neddledoctor.com .
I would only suggest a measurement when you call or email them with the length you will need, just to be safe.

I have had good success also with www.turntablebasics.com and
http://www.vintage-electronics.cc/vttbelt.html .

Good luck.

Elk
Elk's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 1 week ago
Joined: Dec 26 2006 - 6:32am
Re: Belts for the NAD 533

I assume you caught the little typo in Jim's link, if not it is www.needledoctor.com/

I mention this only because they are local to me and a very good bunch.

ncdrawl
ncdrawl's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 4 months ago
Joined: Oct 18 2008 - 9:18am
Re: Belts for the NAD 533

I sure did, bud. Thanks much.

Quote:
I assume you caught the little typo in Jim's link, if not it is www.needledoctor.com/

I mention this only because they are local to me and a very good bunch.

BGLeduc
BGLeduc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 day ago
Joined: Sep 1 2005 - 9:46am
Re: Belts for the NAD 533

At the risk of revealing severe ignorance....

I have a P2 (about 5 years old).

I did not know that you had to install a different belt to play 45's. I thought you just moved the existing belt to a different sized pulley on the motor shaft?

Brian

mrlowry
mrlowry's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 week ago
Joined: May 30 2006 - 1:37pm
Re: Belts for the NAD 533


Quote:
At the risk of revealing severe ignorance....

I have a P2 (about 5 years old).

I did not know that you had to install a different belt to play 45's. I thought you just moved the existing belt to a different sized pulley on the motor shaft?

Brian

Brian-

I'm not familiar with that particular 'table but most turntable do change speeds by using the SAME belt and a DIFFERENT pulley or a different section of the same pulley.

ncdrawl
ncdrawl's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 4 months ago
Joined: Oct 18 2008 - 9:18am
Re: Belts for the NAD 533

Lowery and the gentleman above, you were both right, I did not need a different belt...just had to move it.

  • X
    Enter your Stereophile.com username.
    Enter the password that accompanies your username.
    Loading