OFFICIAL RULES FOR STEREOPHILE AND ANALOGPLANET ELO VINYL SET SWEEPSTAKES
1. Introduction: TEN: Publishing Media, LLC (owner and publisher of Stereophile and Analogplanet Magazines) ("Sponsor") is offering the Stereophile and Analogplanet Elo Vinyl Set Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes"). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS Sweepstakes. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility: Entrant must be at least 18 years of age or older by date of entry and a legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. Employees of Sponsor, Mercury Promotions & Fulfillment, their parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and agents and their immediate family members (parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of each such employees, and all those with whom such employees are domiciled, are NOT eligible. Void outside the 50 United States/District of Columbia.
3. Timing: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) 12/18/2017 and ends at 11:59 PM EST on 12/31/2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
4. How to Enter: Eligible entrants may enter this Sweepstakes by logging on to https://www.stereophile.com/ or www.analogplanet.com/ (the “Website”) and completing a form on the Website by providing his/her complete first and last name, valid e-mail address, date of birth, and posting a comment on a product. By completing this form, an eligible entrant will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. An eligible entrant may enter the Sweepstakes only once throughout the Sweepstakes Period.
Sponsor may also disqualify you if your comment contain language that is inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, disparaging, or libelous, promotes illegal activities, is discriminatory, or contains any objectionable material as determined by Sponsor in its sole and unfettered discretion. Sponsor, may also disqualify you from the Sweepstakes if it believes, in its sole and absolute discretion that your comment fails to conform to these Official Rules.
As part of the entry form, Sponsor may also ask optional questions. Completion of these questions is not required to enter the Sweepstakes.
5. Drawing and Odds of Winning: This Sweepstakes will have one (1) random drawing on 1/2/18 to select four (4) potential winners from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. No more than four (4) prizes will be awarded during the Sweepstakes Period. Each entrant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. The drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor or its designated representative, whose decision is final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Each potential winner will be notified by email on or about the 1/2/18. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) days after the first attempt to contact such potential winner, an alternate entrant will be selected in his or her place at random from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
6. Prizes (4) and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Each prize is a Vinyl Album. The prize ARV is Twenty-eight Dollars ($28.00). The ARV of all prizes in this Sweepstakes is One Hundred Twelve Dollars ($112).
Any expenses/costs associated with a prize, its acceptance, use or enjoyment that are not listed herein as included with a prize are the winner’s responsibility and will not be provided. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or mutilated prize(s) and none will be replaced. At Sponsor’s discretion, unclaimed prize(s) may not be awarded. A prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor in the event that a prize cannot be awarded for any reason, in which case, Sponsor will provide a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes, fees and surcharges on a prize are the winner’s sole responsibility. Each prize, is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
7. Prize Fulfillment/Publicity/Release: Each potential winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release, within seven (7) days from the date of notification, failing which the potential winner will be disqualified and another winner selected in the place of the disqualified person at random from all entries received. If a prize has an ARV of $600 or more then the winner of that prize must also provide his/her social security number or taxpayer identification number and complete an IRS form W-9. If a winner is a minor, all required documents (the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and Publicity Release) must be executed by a winner's parent or guardian. If any prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and another random drawing will be held to select a potential replacement winner. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sponsor shall not be required to hold more than three (3) drawings to select substitute winner(s). Allow 6 to 8 weeks for verification and shipment of a prize. Limit: one (1) prize per entrant.
By accepting a prize, a winner agrees that the Sponsor and those acting under the Sponsor's authority, may use winner's name, picture/portrait likeness and/or voice, for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, unless prohibited by law.
BY ACCEPTING A PRIZE, A WINNER AGREES THAT THE SPONSOR, ITS PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY WINNER FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY. Subject to all federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Void where prohibited.
8. Limitation Of Liability/Disputes: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any Prize(s) awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan. Entrants agree that the statute of limitations for asserting any claims with respect to this Sweepstakes shall be no longer than a period of one (1) year from the time the cause of action accrued, or the cause of action shall be forever barred.
9. Miscellaneous: All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event that due to technical, typographical, mechanical or other errors, there are more potential winners than are stated in these Official Rules, a random drawing among the claimants will be held to determine the winners. In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE Sweepstakes MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
11. Winner List: The prize winners’ names will be available by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope after 1/2/2018 to Stereophile and Analogplanet Elo Vinyl Set Sweepstakes - c/o TEN: Publishing Media, LLC, 831 South Douglas Street, El Segundo, CA 90245 Attn: Legal. Winner’s list will be available until February 28, 2018.
12. Sponsor(s): The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is TEN: Publishing Media, LLC (owner and publisher of Stereophile and Analogplanet), whose address is 831 South Douglas Street, El Segundo, CA 90245.