You are here

Log in or register to post comments
durarl's picture
Last seen: Never ago
Joined: Apr 29 2007 - 7:51am
Speaker Connections

I am new to this forum, and I have a question for you experts. I have an old Bell & Howell speaker that goes with a small tube amplifier. The speaker outs are something I have never seen before. They are half inch round plugs with two holes. Both ends of the cable would need to be male ends. The person I bought this from is a stereophile, and he had never seen anything like it. His temporary solution was to rig the cable with two bent over nails. This isn't exactly ideal for sound quality or safety. Any help on these connectors or an original cable would be great. Thanks for the help.

dbowker's picture
Last seen: 6 months 3 days ago
Joined: May 8 2007 - 6:37am
Re: Speaker Connections

Well, if you've heard them (I assume you have) and they are worth a little more expense and time, I'd buy some good 3-way binding posts and replace the funky modules. You'd need access to the inside obviously- the woofer might be the trick. Some older speakers actually could have the back opened up. It's an easy solder project (usually) to replace binding posts and the sonic upgrade is not minor, especially on older speakers. Here is a link to binding posts for sale online...

Good luck

  • X