106 Days Remaining
1. Drusilla (16), daughter of Germanicus and Agrippina the Elder
2. King Henry V of England (1387)
3. Jiajing (1507), Emperor of China
4. James C. Penney (1875), US department store founder
5. Allen Funt (1914), TV personality
6. Charles Byrd (1925), jazz musician
7. Robin Yount (1955), baseball player
8. Amy Poehler (1971), comedian
And many more.
On September 16, 1630, the Massachusetts village of Shawmut changed its name to Boston. On September 16, 1776, the Battle of Harlem Heights was fought. On September 16, 1810, Mexico declared its independence from Spain. On September 16, 1908, General Motors was founded. On September 16, 1956, Play-Doh was introduced to parents, children, carpets, and mouths everywhere. On September 16, 1981, Sugar Ray Leonard knocked out Thomas Hearns in the 14th round; I remember this clearly my father had friends over to watch the fight. On September 16, 2005, at least ten people were killed in a bombing in Iraq...
September 16, 2005, was also declared "National Day of Prayer and Remembrance for the Victims of Hurricane Katrina." George W. Bush did that.
Pope Victor III died on September 16, 1087. King Louis XVIII died on September 16, 1824. And Marc Bolan died on the very day I was born.
September 16 is the 259th day of the year (260th in leap years). There are 106 days remaining.