I sound like Chicken Little. I love that movie. Chicken Little goes up to bat, smacks a home run, saves the planet, and makes his papa proud.
in the mail
arrived for me
a demo CD.
From John Marks.
John says: "You can take it to LA with you and it can be my vicarious presence, you can tell people JM could not make it but his demo CD* did."
And that is what I'll do. I'll go armed with JM's demo CD and, with the power vested in me, I will evaluate the shit out of systems.
Here’s what it sounds like:
1., 2. Channel ID and phasing Tests from Stereophile Test CD 2
3. Ella Fitzgerald Easy to Love
4. Jane Monheit Besame Mucho
5. Lorraine Hunt Lieberson As With Rosy Steps the Morn
6. Glenn Gould Aria
7. David Stanhope Sibelius' The Tryst transcription
8. Bill Evans, Miles Davis, et al. Blue in Green
9. Michael Franks In the Eye of the Storm
10. Alannah Myles Black Velvet
11. Donald Fagen Walk Between the Raindrops
Stay tuned for JM's excellent, entertaining, and super-informative "As We See It" A Script for a High-End Audio Demonstration in our July issue.