Dealer Events For May/June
• Friday, May 16, 6–10pm: Krell and Audio Visions South will team up with Modern Times Gallery (1962 Main St., Sarasota) to host The Art of Sound, an art opening and product demonstration featuring an all-Krell system. For more info, call (813) 876-5236.
• Saturday–Sunday, May 17–18: Essential Audio (Barrington) will host Darren Censullo of Avatar Acoustics for an open-house seminar on system- and room-performance tuning. Featured gear will include Acoustic System loudspeakers and resonators; Karan Acoustics, Music First Audio, and Abbingdon Music Research electronics; Kuzma turntables; and Current Cable products. Space is limited. RSVP: (847) 382-8433. For more info, visit www.essentialaudio.com.
• Thursday, May 15, 5–9pm: Primus Audio Pleasure (Kansas City) will host "an insightful, fun, and educational evening" with Dynaudio's Mike Mannousselis and Simaudio's Costa Koulisakis. The pair will be on hand to discuss their latest and future products and provide product demonstrations. Wine and hors d'oeuvres will be served. RSVP: (816) 421-3655 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Thursday, May 22, 4–9pm: The Sound Environment (Rockbrook Village Center, 11021 Elm St., Omaha) will host an evening with Wilson Audio Specialties, Boulder Amplifiers, and Transparent Cable. Featured gear will include Wilson's Thor's Hammer subwoofer, Boulder's 1021 CD player, and Transparent's new MM-2 cables and interconnects. Sessions will be held about every hour, and there will be opportunities to speak with Wilson's John Giolas, Boulder's Rich Maez, and Transparent's Brad O'Toole. Refreshments will be served. The Sound Environment promises "an informative and enjoyable evening." For more info, visit www.soundenvironment.com or call (402) 391-3842. RSVP appreciated but not necessary.
• Saturday, May 17, 1–5pm: The Audiophile Society will hold its monthly meeting at Audio202, a new listening salon in Bernardsville/Far Hills. TAD's Andrew Jones will present and demonstrate the $60,000/pair TAD Reference One loudspeaker. Audio202's Brett Mesler will give additional demonstrations throughout the salon. Lunch will be served, and guests and new members are invited. For more info about this event, e-mail email@example.com or call (908) 766-0456. For info about the Audiophile Society's events calendar, call David Nemzer at (718) 802-0183 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Saturday, June 21, 1–5pm: The Audiophile Society will hold an open meeting at Audio202 (Bernardsville/Far Hills). Representatives from Usher Audio will present a seminar on the three-way, floorstanding Be-20, as well as on the smaller Be-718 Tiny Dancer. Food and light refreshments will be served. For more info, contact Brett Mesler at email@example.com or call (908) 766-0456. For info about the Audiophile Society's events calendar, call David Nemzer at (718) 802-0183 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, May 15, 629pm: Krystal Clear Audio-Video will host their annual Spring Open House/Charity Raffle. Featured gear will include the Meridian DSP7200 loudspeakers and 808.2 CD player, Krell Evolution Series amplifiers, Arcam Solo Mini CD receiver, Transparent MM2 cables, and other surprises. The $25 admission fee benefits the Rainbow Days charity for children, and automatically enters attendees in a drawing to win audio equipment. Refreshments will be provided. RSVP: (214) 520-7156 or email@example.com.
• Saturday–Monday, May 24–26: The Vacuum State of the Art Conference (VSAC) will take place at the Vancouver Hilton. For more info, visit www.vsac2008.com.
• Thursday, June 12, 7pm: Resolution Audio (5459 Leary Ave., Seattle) will host a seminar with Richard Vandersteen. RSVP: (206) 784-4434.
• Friday, June 13, 7pm: Advanced Audio Systems (6450 Tacoma Mall Blvd., Tacoma) will host a seminar with Richard Vandersteen. RSVP: (253) 472-3133.
• Saturday, June 21, 11am: Resolution Audio Video (5459 Leary Ave., Seattle) will host the next Head-Fi Meet, an open gathering for enthusiasts of headphones and headphone accessories. For more info, visit www.head-fi.org/forums/f24.