You are here

Log in or register to post comments
Catch22
Catch22's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 47 min ago
Joined: Nov 21 2010 - 1:58pm
We're Doomed! Doomed, I tell you!

Al Gore had better start looking for another job.

"What may be the science story of the century is breaking this evening, as heavyweight US solar physicists announce that the Sun appears to be headed into a lengthy spell of low activity, which could mean that the Earth – far from facing a global warming problem – is actually headed into a mini Ice Age."

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/06/14/ice_age/

JIMV
JIMV's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: Jan 31 2008 - 1:46pm
Don't worry

The 'solutions' will be the same...grow government, contrl our behavior, pay more taxes, obey....and to make it amusing, it will be the same warming cult folk who are crying the loudest. for government to stop global cooling..

soulful.terrain
soulful.terrain's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 21 hours ago
Joined: Nov 22 2010 - 12:15pm
Algore's Gaia (mother earth)
JIMV wrote:

The 'solutions' will be the same...grow government, contrl our behavior, pay more taxes, obey....and to make it amusing, it will be the same warming cult folk who are crying the loudest. for government to stop global cooling..

Absolutely. Remember when the e-mails from the U.K. got leaked out that IPCC scientists had been cooking the books for over 10 years to justify their means for a global climate treaty? Algore was suddenly MIA after that revelation.

Jim,

Your right because, if I remember correctly, Gordon Brown, when asked about the e-mails, replied, " The necessary means to control global warming are already in place and we will press forward regardless of the e-mails.

No matter, cooling or warming, its like Jim said.

They will work themselves up into a frenzy. And in the process, work the gullible public up into a frenzy whether it be cooling or warming.

This is about GLOBAL WEALTH RE-DISTRIBUTION. period.

Why do you think for the most part China was exempt from most of the Kyoto protocol as well as developing third world countries. THEY WANT TO FORCE THE U.S. TO PAY. And pay heavily through draconian environmental laws that will literally destroy jobs here in the U.S. and cause utilities to skyrocket. Wasn't that exactly what Obama said when he vowed to go after the coal industry. He said, " energy costs will necessarily skyrocket under my plan of Cap and Trade."

This is simply an anti-capitalist, anti-economic growth movement.

How any sane person could vote for this man in 2012 is beyond my reason and comprehension.

So, I am of the opinion that this global agenda by the Internationalists is more about "green money" and not about "green technologies".

Look at Algore, He has made billions on his carbon credit ponzi scheme, scamming the gullible public, aided and abedded by the IPCC, the U.N., and a complicit media.

Algore should be investigated for fraud. The wooden Gore has already been proven a fraud by using a scene from the movie, "The Day After Tommorrow." in his socialist environmental manifesto known as," An Inconvienent Truth."

JIMV
JIMV's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: Jan 31 2008 - 1:46pm
As someone noted...

'You voted in 2008 to prove you were not a racist. Vote in 2012 to prove you are not an idiot'

Dr. Spivey
Dr. Spivey's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 17 hours ago
Joined: Sep 18 2009 - 5:21pm
Brainwashed
JIMV wrote:

'You voted in 2008 to prove you were not a racist. Vote in 2012 to prove you are not an idiot'

 

Post something original rather than lines you cop from Hate Radio and conservative websites to prove you're capable of independent thought.

JIMV
JIMV's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: Jan 31 2008 - 1:46pm
You do realize...

Your entier post is simply a left wing talking point, the pretense, arrived at spontaneously, that only the left thinks of their own material....why, just ask the left. They will tell you, with the same words, in stereo, with all the same words spelled wrong.

Independent thought to the left is regurgitating a NY Times editorial before anyone else on the lefts web sites reads it.

Dr. Spivey
Dr. Spivey's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 17 hours ago
Joined: Sep 18 2009 - 5:21pm
Pretense ?
JIMV wrote:

Your entier post is simply a left wing talking point, the pretense, arrived at spontaneously, that only the left thinks of their own material....why, just ask the left. They will tell you, with the same words, in stereo, with all the same words spelled wrong.

You are in fact regurgitating someone else's material, no pretense whatsoever. And by the way Jimbo, the word is entire, not entier, since you're a spelling bee champ.

Go back to your Hate Radio now, so you know what to think tomorrow.

JIMV
JIMV's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: Jan 31 2008 - 1:46pm
Didn't I write...

"as someone noted"...unlike the lefts pretenses, I do not pretend to arrive at an identical line spontaneously. I said that the sentence was not mine and I used quotes...You, on the contrary, simply reguritated the lefts talking point that all comment from the right is fed them while all comment from the left, like yours, is original thought. Good heavens sir, you did not even bother with quotes!

You would do better to not confront other folk for what you preten are faults usign the identical fault. Try some original thought...or at least fake it.

Dr. Spivey
Dr. Spivey's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 17 hours ago
Joined: Sep 18 2009 - 5:21pm
Angry Little Man
JIMV wrote:

"as someone noted"...unlike the lefts pretenses, I do not pretend to arrive at an identical line spontaneously. I said that the sentence was not mine and I used quotes...You, on the contrary, simply reguritated the lefts talking point that all comment from the right is fed them while all comment from the left, like yours, is original thought. Good heavens sir, you did not even bother with quotes!

You would do better to not confront other folk for what you preten are faults usign the identical fault. Try some original thought...or at least fake it.

Read your last paragraph, I laughed so hard I had to shit.

 Is it hard to type when you're an angry little man? Your spelling is getting worse as the day wears on.  Poor spelling makes you appear stupid, poor form for a ranting evangelist.

It's regurgitated, using, pretend and lefts should contain an apostrophe. Most communities have courses in basic grammar and spelling for developmentally disabled and functionally illiterate adults. If money is a problem, I'd be willing to help you out, for the common good.

Jimmy my friend, you have a wonderful weekend and don't blow a head gasket just because an evil commie fucked with you a bit, 'cause if you're pissed off now, wait until the real progressives take over. Obama is just our opening act.

soulful.terrain
soulful.terrain's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 21 hours ago
Joined: Nov 22 2010 - 12:15pm
Hate Radio
Dr. Spivey wrote:

Go back to your Hate Radio now, so you know what to think tomorrow.

I've listened to hate radio on a few occasions. His name is Ed Schultz. He is a leftist progressive with about a dozen listeners on a good day. He called Laura Ingraham a "right-wing slut" last week. The obese Schultz also said that Tea Party members are the reason we need retroactive abortions. When Schultz is not on the air spewing love and kindness to his handful of listeners, he does his show on MSNBC. He fits in real well there with Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews.

Or, you may be referring to Thom Hartmann. Another leftist progressive on the failing Air America. He said the Tea Party was a bunch of ignorant bastards with retarded children.

Or, you may be referring to Algore. He once said the Republicans in the House of Reps. represented "the extra-chromozone party." Incidently, Sarah Palin has a son that has Downs Syndrome (extra-chromazone). nice...

Yet, the progressive democrat politicians and talk show hosts always repeat: "It's for the children.."for the children" over and over again.

When children have friends like this, they need no enemies in my estimation.

Or, you may be referring to Randi Rhodes. She has about dozen listeners including her immediate family. She is also a left-wing progressive talk radio show host on the failing Air America that called Christians "Hell hounds." and that Jesus was gay.

Or maybe your speaking of Mike Malloy. Another failing left-wing progressive talk show host. Malloy stated: " Dick Cheney by the way looks ruddy. He must have feaster on a Jewish baby, or a muslim baby. He must have sent his people out to bring one back so he could drink its blood."

No wonder their ratings are in the toilet.

I guess progressive leftists need to listen to them so they will know what to think tommorrow.

Is that the hate radio you speak of? Just wondering.

JIMV
JIMV's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: Jan 31 2008 - 1:46pm
Good Heavens!

To misquote Walter Kerr, Dr. Spivey is having 'delusinons of adequacy'...Sorry son...I cannot type, a fault I acknowledge...How better to suffer from a typing deficency than a thinking deficit...

To steal a line from  Churchill, you are a "modest little person with much to be modest about"...

As to Obama..."He is a self-made man and worships his creator." - John Bright

I suspect he is to be a one term failure like Carter.

soulful.terrain
soulful.terrain's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 21 hours ago
Joined: Nov 22 2010 - 12:15pm
Petrograd
Dr. Spivey wrote:

'cause if you're pissed off now, wait until the real progressives take over. Obama is just our opening act.

Looking forward to a possible revival of post 1917 Russia I see.

But, will the brown uniform with the red star still fit after all these years?

soulful.terrain
soulful.terrain's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 21 hours ago
Joined: Nov 22 2010 - 12:15pm
Humility is a virtue
JIMV wrote:

To misquote Walter Kerr, Dr. Spivey is having 'delusinons of adequacy'...Sorry son...I cannot type, a fault I acknowledge...How better to suffer from a typing deficency than a thinking deficit...

Jim,

Spelling errors. Who gives a crap.

Clueless progressives love to obfuscate with trivialities because thats all they have. They can't argue the facts because the facts are not on their side.

Communists like Noam Chomsky were great spellers. Patriots like Andrew Jackson had a problem with spelling.  So, your in good company with the latter as Dr. Spivey is in good company with the prior.

Now I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are a Conservative.

Unlike the progressive leftists, we can admit imperfection.

Mark

Dr. Spivey
Dr. Spivey's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 17 hours ago
Joined: Sep 18 2009 - 5:21pm
Strength In Numbers

Just because a bunch of conservative douche bags have taken over the radio band that nobody wanted, does not mean they represent the opinions of the majority. No more than two teabaggers taking over a forum that no one visits does. You seem to think that if you silence the opposition you have won the argument. This simple mindedness puts your opponent at an advantage because the only numbers that matter are votes. We'll trade you AM radio ratings for votes just like we traded you the mid term election for health care. The more the teabaggers rant and rave, the more they reveal their true agenda of social, moral and religious issues over fair and effective government. You whittle away at your small base of grass roots support, while the main line Republicans sell you down the river. All in all it's a good deal for the left.

 

Jim and Mark, on the rare days when someone opposing you politically shows up here in the Open Bar most of your responses consist of "na-na-na-na what you say is what you are" (a 3rd grade classic) and "that's just a leftist talking point" (pure dismissal) and those are reasons why no one attempts to engage you in any type of intelligent debate. Of course the charismatic Lamont is always an interesting freak show.

 

Mark it was really decent of you to show up in this thread and give your limp dick buddy a hand, but jesus h christ on a bicycle you really ought to show the poor miserable fuck how to operate Spell Check. Of course, it could be an extra chromosome that affects his hand eye coordination and fine motor control. My work here is done.

JIMV
JIMV's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: Jan 31 2008 - 1:46pm
Ah, the intelect shines...

Here is a smidgen of proof about political views of the country...

http://www.gallup.com/poll/141032/2010-conservatives-outnumber-moderates...

Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.
- William F. Buckley, Jr.

I'll leave you to your confusion....type perfectly, think poorly...If your work here is done you are a sad craftsman indeed....I'll leave that with the words of another wiser man

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell

 

Lamont Sanford
Lamont Sanford's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: Mar 31 2006 - 8:32pm
What's up doc?  That is

What's up doc?  That is exactly what I heard on the Bill Maher Show.  Seems you're doing the same thing.  Also, there is no such thing as Hate Radio.    Just radio you hate.  But I do commend you for describing conservative websites as conservative websites. 

Seems people can't even "cop" lines they got from a history book without you worms coming to the surface these days.  Turns out Paul Revere was a big troublemaker for the British a long time before he went for a ride on his horse in the middle of the night.   Turns out it is true.  Better luck next time.  Be careful with the hate.

dbowker
dbowker's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 4 days ago
Joined: May 8 2007 - 6:37am
If only...

Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.
- William F. Buckley, Jr.

well actually this whole htread seems like this assertion since it's all based on a few studies and one article that posits that maybe, possibly, the sun might cool down some time in the future if things go a certain way. That's not a pronouncement guys, it's speculation, with no current evidence for us still on the ground. Interesting, but if a tornadoe is heading your way do you get in the cellar, or hope at the last possible second somehting unexpected will alter it's course?

If you think Mr. Buckley has anything at all to do witht he crop of blowhards and zealots like Palin, Hannity, Bachman or either of two R. Pauls, you are smoking something really good. That guy was a real honest to God thinker. He actually respected education, science, real history, rational arguments and logic. He'd have been embarrased to be in the same room with the Tea Party faithful, and laughed that they think you win arguments or elections by preaching to the uneducated lowest common citizen. Bachman actually thinks there is "controversy" among scientists about evolution! Maybe dinosaurs were put there by God just for fun and to increase His Mystery? I hear gravity is disputed too, and that actually the sun does revolve around the Earth (which is flat) after all! Buckley would roll his eyes at the entire circus the GOP has become.

And the same goes for the revisionists who claim to be "Reagan" Republicans. They are lying to themselves and everyone else- or maybe it's not lying when you never actually read anything and haven't a clue about real history or the world. Reagan raised taxes big time (after cutting some), increased the govenment many times over, and routinely negotiated with the "other side" in order to get something done. He did some good things, some stupid things and was lucky quite a few times too. Probably what you could say about any sucessful president.

The only president lately who left the government with a surplus was Clinton, which the next one managed to spend several times over. Bush orders us to spread "Freedom" in the Middel East, Afghanastan, and then institutes the biggest citizen spy program we've ever seen. And in his second inaugural speech didn't he speak about trying to get every family possible into a home, and pushed Fannie and Freddie to ramp things up? Yeah, that eight years really worked out well for us, didn't it?

JIMV
JIMV's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: Jan 31 2008 - 1:46pm
Excuse me if I don't grant you...

The power to define and identify 'thinkers' for the rest of us. Buckley was brilliant, far more brilliant than the fellow I was disputing. Bertrand Russel was hardly a right wing thinker...If you prefer more approachable quotes...here is one from a contemporary hero...

"More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly." – Woody Allen

soulful.terrain
soulful.terrain's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 21 hours ago
Joined: Nov 22 2010 - 12:15pm
Buckley and Limbaugh
dbowker wrote:

If you think Mr. Buckley has anything at all to do witht he crop of blowhards and zealots like Palin, Hannity, Bachman or either of two R. Pauls, you are smoking something really good. That guy was a real honest to God thinker.

 I read William F. Buckley. I subscribed to The National Review for years. Brilliant man!

The key word is "was."  How can you make that assumption? William F. Buckley is not here to give his opinion on the current Republicans.

Incidently, William F. Buckley was a huge fan of Rush Limbaugh. So you assumption is confusing.

soulful.terrain
soulful.terrain's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 21 hours ago
Joined: Nov 22 2010 - 12:15pm
surplus
dbowker wrote:

 

The only president lately who left the government with a surplus was Clinton

 

There's only one problem with that. The Republicans took control of Congress in 1994 after 40 years of democrat control, two years after Clinton took office. Clinton was forced to work with the legislation (the Contract for America, Newt Gingrich and John Kasich) put forth in the House, therefore a surplus was the end result.

Ex. welfare reform

soulful.terrain
soulful.terrain's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 21 hours ago
Joined: Nov 22 2010 - 12:15pm
thanks for your incoherence
Dr. Spivey wrote:

 

Jim and Mark, on the rare days when someone opposing you politically shows up here in the Open Bar most of your responses consist of "na-na-na-na what you say is what you are" (a 3rd grade classic)

I disagree.

Dr. Spivey wrote in his prior post 'Strength in numbers" these descriptions:

" ..a bunch of conservative douchebags."

"..limp dick buddy..."

"...poor miserable fuck..."

So, in light of those eloquent phrases you chose, you were trying to illustrate our immaturity and innabilty to debate?

You see, that's what fascinates me about progressives when they become confused with the facts and cannot refute conservatives on the merits of their views. They become ultimately confused resulting in utter hypocrisy and lastly, personal attacks in the form of profanity which is an admittance of losing the debate. The gallop poll in which Jim posted backs this up.

Lamont Sanford
Lamont Sanford's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: Mar 31 2006 - 8:32pm
Yeah, isn't a little fucking

Yeah, isn't a little fucking ironic that the Doctor ends up leaving the room looking like a gang bang happened in here and yet he is an elitist far greater than I.  We're not worthy!  We're not worthy!

Bring out your dead, Doctor.

soulful.terrain
soulful.terrain's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 21 hours ago
Joined: Nov 22 2010 - 12:15pm
Irony
Lamont Sanford wrote:

Yeah, isn't a little fucking ironic that the Doctor ends up leaving the room looking like a gang bang happened in here and yet he is an elitist far greater than I.  We're not worthy!  We're not worthy!

Bring out your dead, Doctor.

Progressives need to learn that you cannot defend the indefensible. But then again, they wouldn't otherwise be progressives now would they.

The truth will always prevail.

  • X
    Enter your Stereophile.com username.
    Enter the password that accompanies your username.
    Loading