You are here

Log in or register to post comments
geoffkait
geoffkait's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 sec ago
Joined: Apr 29 2008 - 5:10am
Wassup with A Simple Request thread - is it stuck?

Wassup with the A Simple Request thread? Is it stuck? I get a message to the effect the attempt to load failed.

Geoff Kait
Machina Dynamica

jazzfan
jazzfan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 1 day ago
Joined: Sep 8 2005 - 8:55am
Great
geoffkait wrote:

Wassup with the A Simple Request thread? Is it stuck? I get a message to the effect the attempt to load failed. Geoff Kait Machina Dynamica

I sure hope the thread is stuck and I also that each and every thread with any posts by you or May Belt become stuck since then we won't have to suffer through all your nonsense.

Thank goodness for small favors!

geoffkait
geoffkait's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 sec ago
Joined: Apr 29 2008 - 5:10am
Time of the month

Must be that time of the month.

LOL

G Kait
M Dynamica

JoeE SP9
JoeE SP9's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 41 min ago
Joined: Oct 31 2005 - 6:02pm
Don't work

It doesn't work for me either. Gee, I had my popcorn ready!

MarkBryston
MarkBryston's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: Mar 23 2009 - 2:22pm
oh well...

It is probably deleted because either myself , Geof or both have violated some rule or the Mods just felt it wasn't going anywhere worth keeping alive. I never did get to read geofs answers to my post but I suppose that doesn't matter either...my position hasn't and wont change anyway...I don't mind keeping an open mind to a product that makes a difference in sound without knowing why I just wont accept blatantly faulty science as an explanation. Maybe little pieces of colored foil and thin little pieces of heavy metal makes a difference but the explanations cant be made up just because. So moving on to hopefully a good October issue for which I hope I get mine today for the weekend!

geoffkait
geoffkait's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 sec ago
Joined: Apr 29 2008 - 5:10am
It is what it is

"I never did get to read geofs answers to my post but I suppose that doesn't matter either...my position hasn't and wont change anyway."

Gosh, that's a really big surprise.  LOL   By the bye, my post, the one you didn;t read, simply pointed all the errors in your post, the one I was responding to.  To be perfectly hinest, your post had precious little to do with reality.

By the way I doubt the mods closed the thread since it's still open.  A more logical answer is that the last two posts were too long and jammed the sensitive forum software.  LOL

 

"An ordinary man has no means of deliverance. " - old audiophile axiom

 

Geoff Kait

Machina Dynamica

MarkBryston
MarkBryston's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: Mar 23 2009 - 2:22pm
funny!

---your post had precious little to do with reality

 

 

The Kettle calling me black????????

 

--Gosh, that's a really big surprise.

 

really?? you find that not accepting BS faulty science is a bad or wrong position to stick with??? I suppose that infers you do??

--By the way I doubt the mods closed the thread since it's still open.  A more logical answer is that the last two posts were too long and jammed the sensitive forum software. 

 

Well whatever the reason is they have had plenty of time to fix it so it works and they have apparently chosen not to..

geoffkait
geoffkait's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 sec ago
Joined: Apr 29 2008 - 5:10am
Philosophically speaking
MarkBryston wrote:

---your post had precious little to do with reality

 

 

The Kettle calling me black????????

No, a scientist calling out a pretend scientist. In my personal opinion, you'd be much better off sticking to something you know, like law or philosophy, whatever.

 

--Gosh, that's a really big surprise.

 

really?? you find that not accepting BS faulty science is a bad or wrong position to stick with??? I suppose that infers you do??

I'm only judging from your own words, especially the long rambling, angry ones on the thread that's now stuck. And my judgement is, when it comes to science, you have no idea what you're talking about. I will, however, give you props for name-dropping.

--By the way I doubt the mods closed the thread since it's still open.  A more logical answer is that the last two posts were too long and jammed the sensitive forum software. 

 

Well whatever the reason is they have had plenty of time to fix it so it works and they have apparently chosen not to..

I suspect the mods are still recovering from the Labor Day weekend. Why wouldn't they fix the thread since it's one of the more interesting threads on the forum?

Geoff Kait
Machina Dynamica

MarkBryston
MarkBryston's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: Mar 23 2009 - 2:22pm
as the subject turns...
geoffkait wrote:
MarkBryston wrote:

---your post had precious little to do with reality

 

 

The Kettle calling me black????????

No, a scientist calling out a pretend scientist. In my personal opinion, you'd be much better off sticking to something you know, like law or philosophy, whatever.

**Since you obviously read my academic background where  did I say I was a scientist or even that I tried to infer i was one? Simply because I have(perhaps) a slightly more than a layman understanding of quantum physics because of my studies in   Philosophy that centered around physics does not mean I am claiming to be the next Hawking...And while I didn't get to see your response to either the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, the Chaos principle, Hawkings' Quantum spontaneous creation theories...I think you must be able to overcome these challenges for your Intelligent chip to work. Maybe you did...but as I alluded to if you could somehow be able to accurately predict changes at the quantum level and have those changes consistent against known laws of Quantum physics so that your chip really does know when it made the changes before you would or should publish the work as you have just discovered a whole new approach to quantum mechanics!!!

 

--Gosh, that's a really big surprise.

 

really?? you find that not accepting BS faulty science is a bad or wrong position to stick with??? I suppose that infers you do??

I'm only judging from your own words, especially the long rambling, angry ones on the thread that's now stuck. And my judgment is, when it comes to science, you have no idea what you're talking about. I will, however, give you props for name-dropping.

 

**angry??? lol...I'm not angry whatsoever...in fact when it comes to tweaks I have said, pretty consistently I might add. that just because we don't(yet) know why something changes or improves the sound of our audio gear doesn't mean that it doesn't. And I fully understand that in our gotta know why right society/buying public that manufacturers cant just say "we don't know why it works it just does trust us and buy and see for yourself"...they couldn't sell a damn thing that way. So yes claims need to be made...its just when I see stuff that just doesn't fly in the face of basic known science I will dismiss the claims basis. I did say I believe in the other thread that your website does contain more accurate science then does Mays. Your little dissertation on quantum physics is quite correct and accurate...its just the application and conclusions I find wrong...

 

--By the way I doubt the mods closed the thread since it's still open.  A more logical answer is that the last two posts were too long and jammed the sensitive forum software. 

 

Well whatever the reason is they have had plenty of time to fix it so it works and they have apparently chosen not to..

I suspect the mods are still recovering from the Labor Day weekend. Why wouldn't they fix the thread since it's one of the more interesting threads on the forum?

**One thing I find interesting about that thread was your rather defensive approach..I have tried to question and or confront your science and its application with reasoning, logic and science. Now you may feel all of mine is wrong..in fact based on how you have been responding I will assume you will interject some form of Ad Hominem regarding that last sentence. Yet al the other posts I have read regarding you and May for that matter have been simply that you full of BS...your snake oil peddlers, your voodoo shamans etc...which may be their conclusions after already discussing your science and have nothing left to discuss with you other than to tell you to go away...yet you seem bent on  all kinds of little jabs...not very scientific of you for a scientist while not at least from what I have been able to read so far actually addressing my concerns.

 

Geoff Kait Machina Dynamica

Ariel Bitran
Ariel Bitran's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 23 hours ago
Joined: Jun 1 2007 - 2:14pm
Muhahahaha

Muhahahaha

just kidding.

the mods haven't done a thing.

i will forward to our IT team.

jazzfan
jazzfan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 1 day ago
Joined: Sep 8 2005 - 8:55am
In for a penny...

First, Mark please accept my sincere apologies for dragging you into this rather silly discussion. While I may not with assertion that greater bit depth and higher sampling frequencies are needed for truly high end digital audio playback at least there is a bit of valid science in your reasoning. But that is subject for a different thread.

As far as Mr. Kait and Ms. Belt are concerned I believe that they will never admit to what a load of BS all their products and their pseudo-scientific explanations are since doing so would put them out of business. They are not the only members of the high end audio industry involved in less than straight up marketing but they are the most vile. Every issue of Stereophile is chock full of compete and utter nonsense with JA the residing charlatan in chief. Such is the nature of "high end" anything - to the faithful it is all holy writ but the average person most of it is just a big waste of money. So while it is often difficult to separate the good from the bad, such as in the ongoing debate on high priced cables and wires, it is not all that difficult to weed out the truly bad science and Kait and Belt are all bad science. And bad science equals snake oil and snake oil is just another word for ripoff.

Perhaps my reasonable request to limit their posts to the manufacturers section is falling on deaf ears is simply because having these clowns around helps to make some the nonsense published and advertised in Stereophile seem less so. And please JA don't get on your high horse proclaiming that Stereophile's editorial department has no control over the advertising department since I'm well aware of this claim. However the quality of the advertising does have an affect on the overall quality of the magazine especially when the editorial side goes out of its way to never harm a paying advertiser.

Ariel Bitran
Ariel Bitran's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 23 hours ago
Joined: Jun 1 2007 - 2:14pm
The thread is now fixed

The "Simple Request" thread is now fixed

play nice...

there is such thing as internet karma

May Belt
May Belt's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 min 13 sec ago
Joined: May 8 2006 - 1:51am
Quote: “They are not
Quote:

“They are not the only members of the high end audio industry involved in less than straight up marketing but they are the most vile. Every issue of Stereophile is chock full of compete and utter nonsense with JA the residing charlatan in chief.”

This is, yet again, quite uncalled for.   You are getting quite abusive, jazzfan, - or should I say, more abusive !!

Regards,

May Belt,

Manufacturer.

geoffkait
geoffkait's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 sec ago
Joined: Apr 29 2008 - 5:10am
Stuck again
Ariel Bitran wrote:

The "Simple Request" thread is now fixed

play nice...

there is such thing as internet karma

Sorry, but I just tried to re-post my long reply from a couple days ago on the A Simple Request thread. The thread is now stuck again.

Geoff Kait
Machina Dynamica

geoffkait
geoffkait's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 sec ago
Joined: Apr 29 2008 - 5:10am
More huffing and puffing from Mr. Bluster

If you've been huffing glue, been in a serious motorcycle accident or suffered some sort of head wound then I could understand the low mentality of your posts. If any of those apply to you let me know and I won't be so hard on you.

Geoff Kait
Machina Dynamica

Ariel Bitran
Ariel Bitran's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 23 hours ago
Joined: Jun 1 2007 - 2:14pm
something about your post is corrupt

hey geoff,

something about your post is corrupting the thread.

I will forward to our IT team again to try figure out what it is...

geoffkait
geoffkait's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 sec ago
Joined: Apr 29 2008 - 5:10am
nice try, but

I've read your responses regarding Heisenberg and Einstein as well as quantum teleportation and the intelligent chip. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Yet you continue to masquerade as some sort of science wonk. And if your law is anything like your physics I wouldn't let you defend me in a jaywalking case. LOL You aren't the first died in the wool pseudo-skeptic to huff and puff about controversial tweaks. But if that's all you've in the way of arguments and "scientific reasoning" I hereby declare myself the victor. Tip: You might consider spending some time in the library or take a remedial course in modern physics.

Geoff Kait
machina dynamica

geoffkait
geoffkait's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 sec ago
Joined: Apr 29 2008 - 5:10am
my post on the other thread

Yeah, I think you;re right. It's OK if the IT guys delete my post, as I can carry on without it.

Geoff Kait
Machina Dynamica

Anton
Anton's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 17 hours ago
Joined: Apr 30 2011 - 1:31pm
Winning!
geoffkait wrote:

I've read your responses regarding Heisenberg and Einstein as well as quantum teleportation and the intelligent chip. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Yet you continue to masquerade as some sort of science wonk. And if your law is anything like your physics I wouldn't let you defend me in a jaywalking case. LOL You aren't the first died in the wool pseudo-skeptic to huff and puff about controversial tweaks. But if that's all you've in the way of arguments and "scientific reasoning" I hereby declare myself the victor. Tip: You might consider spending some time in the library or take a remedial course in modern physics. Geoff Kait machina dynamica

 

The Charlie Sheen of audio declares victory.

Let us know when you make it as high as remedial physics, Geoffie ol' boy.

He owned you, faux physics lad!

Nice.

 

 

 

 

MarkBryston
MarkBryston's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: Mar 23 2009 - 2:22pm
another Fallacy...

 Ad Hominem- A fallacy...to attack the man( or person) rather than the argument


geoffkait wrote:

I've read your responses regarding Heisenberg and Einstein as well as quantum teleportation and the intelligent chip. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

This is an ad hominem

 

 

Yet you continue to masquerade as some sort of science wonk.

This is an Ad Hominem

And if your law is anything like your physics I wouldn't let you defend me in a jaywalking case.

This is an Ad Hominem

 

LOL You aren't the first died in the wool pseudo-skeptic to huff and puff about controversial tweaks.

This is an Ad Hominem

 

 

But if that's all you've in the way of arguments and "scientific reasoning" I hereby declare myself the victor. Tip: You might consider spending some time in the library or take a remedial course in modern physics.

This is an Ad Hominem

 

 

Geoff Kait machina dynamica

 

Each and every sentence/comment you made is an Ad Hominem...in other words each and everything you said is a fallacy...I have yet to hear HOW your chip overcomes the fact that if a low powered CD laser "smashing" into a thin wafer of Cadmium to create a quantum effect can get around the principles I have stated??..and that is assuming that the effect is possible in the first place..which I also tried to explain that currently right now to effect those kind of changes needs a particle accelerator and not a cd player...I still feel these are legitimate questions that insulting me doesn't seem to answer. usually and it appears in this case Ad Hominem are used to divert the argument away from the facts as a diversion...

 

Mark

 

geoffkait
geoffkait's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 sec ago
Joined: Apr 29 2008 - 5:10am
Oh, Geez, not another tweakaphobe

Anton - Don't be a cube, rube.   Come on over to the winning side, who knows, you might even get a real education.

 

LOL

 

Geoff Kait

Machina Dynamica

geoffkait
geoffkait's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 sec ago
Joined: Apr 29 2008 - 5:10am
Ad hominem and Strawman arguments

Judging from your latest barrage of nonsensical "facts," speculations and demands I suspect you might have to live with ad hominem arguments. You haven't stated any real principles, only some concocted nonsense. Geez, you don't even know what the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle is, for crying out loud. If you expect me to engage in a real discussion you're only insulting my intelligence.

Your arguments are nothing more than Strawmen arguments. To whit: The chip is not cadmium, the CD laser doesn't smash into it and a particle accelerator is not required. Follow?

I bet you think this is some sort of peer review forum. LOL

Geoff Kait
Machina Dynamica
We do Artificial Atoms Right

MarkBryston
MarkBryston's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: Mar 23 2009 - 2:22pm
OMG!!! Just for you!!!
geoffkait wrote:

Judging from your latest barrage of nonsensical "facts," speculations..  Geez, you don't even know what the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle is, for crying out loud.

Really??? In order for your intelligent chip to KNOW it has changed the quantum makeup of the cd it needs to have an exact point of reference to the change..thus the uncertainly principle...but OMG for you...

 

  the principle implies that it is impossible simultaneously to measure the present position while "determining" the future momentum of a particle or any object made up of particles with an arbitrary degree of accuracy and certainty. To measure the velocity of a particle, one must bounce other particles off of it, but such detection necessarily affects the particle being measured. The uncertainty principle says, for instance, that it is impossible to measure a particle's velocity in any moment and then have any hope of measuring its location for that moment (since the act of measurement of velocity immediately changed that particle's location). The observer must choose their knowledge of one time: the particle's location, or knowledge of its velocity. This is an intrinsic property of particle systems, not a statement about the observational strength of current technology.   Some uncertainty about a system of particles is unavoidable. One can at least, however, identify the average momentum and position of particles.

 so if you bombard the cd players laser into your chip to effect a quantum change to the CD itself you cannot be certain where the quantum particle are going to end up...meaning that even if you can say for certainty where they are after the first usage of the chip the very next time the effect of change wont be identical...so the chip should have to "retreat" the CD...which you say it doesn't...that violates this principle...

 

and lets not forget Chaos..

 Chaos theory has not only been found to be at the quantum level..so even after( if we assume) you have generated your quantum effect the resulting effect should not be in uniform but in a constant state of flux( IE Chaos) and this effect has not only been shown in theory but in laboratory test in Lasers themselves..so if your laser isn't uniform than the results from each smashing into the chip should also be different..so EVEN if you somehow managed to create a chip that behaves in constant uniformity( Einstein theory of unification would be required) the lasers and especially such cheap lasers as found in CD players would be subject to Chaos theory and that much is an absolute fact.

 

 

 

 

 

If you expect me to engage in a real discussion you're only insulting my intelligence.

So trying to challenge your theories..ask real questions...challenge the answers if need be...seek understanding and clarification...all of this insults your intelligence?? And of course I shouldn't be insulted by all the Ad hominem??? I should be insulted by this statement???  Do you mean unless I agree with you up front you wont engage in a real discussion?

 

Your arguments are nothing more than Strawmen arguments. To whit: The chip is not cadmium, the CD laser doesn't smash into it and a particle accelerator is not required.

from your website I post...

"The Intelligent Chip works quantum mechanically via coherent quantum superposition and quantum entanglement. Two coherent light sources (the CD player laser and the quantum dots in the Intelligent Chip) interact with the atoms in the CD's polycarbonate layer to produce long-lasting, superior optical transparency for better optical signal to noise ratio during the laser-reading process. The active material in the Intelligent Chip is quantum dots - artificial atoms grown in the lab tuned to emit photons of a pre-determined wavelength....

 But the trip to the metallurgy lab was not in vain, at least as far as this little explanation is concerned, since the metals identified at the lab supports the notion that the tiny metal discs contain quantum dots or quantum dot arrays....

Quantum dots are "nanometer-scale" metal crystals originally developed in the 1980s for optoelectronic applications. The core of a quantum dot comprises only several hundred to several thousand atoms of a semiconductor material such as Cadmium Selenide (CdSe) or Indium Arsenide (InAs) in which "electron-hole pairs" can be created and confined. ...

As soon as the laser photons strike the quantum dots the dots fluoresce; the dots' emitted photons and the CD laser's photons immediately become entangled - both outside the player in the room and inside the player.

See..by your own words the cd players laser smashing into your chip containing the dots and changes the quantum makeup of the CD itself...

I am sorry to all those offended that I actually posted the info from his site as I am not attempting to propagate such but since he basically either is calling me a liar or an idiot( I think both based on his posts) I had to point out the obvious

 

 

Follow? I bet you think this is some sort of peer review forum. LOL

 ...but if you really and truly are right and you really have found a way to predict the effects of a quantum change and that the change is consistent and that you have developed a chip that not only can do this but knows what it has done I would think you would be falling out of your chair rushing for a peer review...I would.

Geoff Kait Machina Dynamica We do Artificial Atoms Right

geoffkait
geoffkait's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 sec ago
Joined: Apr 29 2008 - 5:10am
The plot thickens
MarkBryston wrote:
geoffkait wrote:

Judging from your latest barrage of nonsensical "facts," speculations..  Geez, you don't even know what the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle is, for crying out loud.

Really??? In order for your intelligent chip to KNOW it has changed the quantum makeup of the cd it needs to have an exact point of reference to the change..thus the uncertainly principle...but OMG for you...

>>> "Thus the uncertainty principle." Ha Ha, you're very funny. Why not say thus Chaos Theory or thus the Theory of Relativity or thus The Photoelectric Effect? LOL

 

  the principle implies that it is impossible simultaneously to measure the present position while "determining" the future momentum of a particle or any object made up of particles with an arbitrary degree of accuracy and certainty. To measure the velocity of a particle, one must bounce other particles off of it, but such detection necessarily affects the particle being measured. The uncertainty principle says, for instance, that it is impossible to measure a particle's velocity in any moment and then have any hope of measuring its location for that moment (since the act of measurement of velocity immediately changed that particle's location). The observer must choose their knowledge of one time: the particle's location, or knowledge of its velocity. This is an intrinsic property of particle systems, not a statement about the observational strength of current technology.   Some uncertainty about a system of particles is unavoidable. One can at least, however, identify the average momentum and position of particles.

Very good, you can cut and paste. And yes, I do not disagree with that paragraph. Unfortunately for your argument, however, it has nothing to do with the price of tea in China.LOL

 so if you bombard the cd players laser into your chip to effect a quantum change to the CD itself you cannot be certain where the quantum particle are going to end up...meaning that even if you can say for certainty where they are after the first usage of the chip the very next time the effect of change wont be identical...so the chip should have to "retreat" the CD...which you say it doesn't...that violates this principle...

>>>>That's just some nonsense to make it appear as if you know something. I.e., pure speculatiion.

 

and lets not forget Chaos..

 Chaos theory has not only been found to be at the quantum level..so even after( if we assume) you have generated your quantum effect the resulting effect should not be in uniform but in a constant state of flux( IE Chaos) and this effect has not only been shown in theory but in laboratory test in Lasers themselves..so if your laser isn't uniform than the results from each smashing into the chip should also be different..so EVEN if you somehow managed to create a chip that behaves in constant uniformity( Einstein theory of unification would be required) the lasers and especially such cheap lasers as found in CD players would be subject to Chaos theory and that much is an absolute fact.

"That much is an absolute fact." Yeah, right. Blah, blah, blah. LOL

 

 

 

 

 

If you expect me to engage in a real discussion you're only insulting my intelligence.

So trying to challenge your theories..ask real questions...challenge the answers if need be...seek understanding and clarification...all of this insults your intelligence?? And of course I shouldn't be insulted by all the Ad hominem??? I should be insulted by this statement???  Do you mean unless I agree with you up front you wont engage in a real discussion?

>>>>>But you haven't asked any real questions yet as far as I can tell, only offered up some illogical (strawman) arguments why the chip can't possibly work. Just a lot of name dropping and cutting and pasting that's supposed to make it look like you know something. LOL

 

Your arguments are nothing more than Strawmen arguments. To whit: The chip is not cadmium, the CD laser doesn't smash into it and a particle accelerator is not required.

from your website I post...

"The Intelligent Chip works quantum mechanically via coherent quantum superposition and quantum entanglement. Two coherent light sources (the CD player laser and the quantum dots in the Intelligent Chip) interact with the atoms in the CD's polycarbonate layer to produce long-lasting, superior optical transparency for better optical signal to noise ratio during the laser-reading process. The active material in the Intelligent Chip is quantum dots - artificial atoms grown in the lab tuned to emit photons of a pre-determined wavelength....

Exactly.

 But the trip to the metallurgy lab was not in vain, at least as far as this little explanation is concerned, since the metals identified at the lab supports the notion that the tiny metal discs contain quantum dots or quantum dot arrays....

Quantum dots are "nanometer-scale" metal crystals originally developed in the 1980s for optoelectronic applications. The core of a quantum dot comprises only several hundred to several thousand atoms of a semiconductor material such as Cadmium Selenide (CdSe) or Indium Arsenide (InAs) in which "electron-hole pairs" can be created and confined. ...

>>>>So, you think CdSe is Cadmium? That's funny! And you're trying to make some sort of point, how? Way to miss the whole point of quantum dots. Time to hit the stack, my pseudo skeptical friend.

As soon as the laser photons strike the quantum dots the dots fluoresce; the dots' emitted photons and the CD laser's photons immediately become entangled - both outside the player in the room and inside the player.

See..by your own words the cd players laser smashing into your chip containing the dots and changes the quantum makeup of the CD itself...

>>>>Let me ask you a very simple question. How can the CD laser smash into the chip when the chip is sitting on top of the CD player?

I am sorry to all those offended that I actually posted the info from his site as I am not attempting to propagate such but since he basically either is calling me a liar or an idiot( I think both based on his posts) I had to point out the obvious

No, actually I'm calling you misinformed.

 

 

Follow? I bet you think this is some sort of peer review forum. LOL

 ...but if you really and truly are right and you really have found a way to predict the effects of a quantum change and that the change is consistent and that you have developed a chip that not only can do this but knows what it has done I would think you would be falling out of your chair rushing for a peer review...I would.

>>>>>If you are an example of the sort of person who would be peer reviewing the chip, then I'll pass. And, yes, I really and truly am right.

Geoff Kait Machina Dynamica We do Artificial Atoms Right

MarkBryston
MarkBryston's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: Mar 23 2009 - 2:22pm
For a final time..at least for me
geoffkait wrote:
MarkBryston wrote:
geoffkait wrote:

Judging from your latest barrage of nonsensical "facts," speculations..  Geez, you don't even know what the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle is, for crying out loud.

Really??? In order for your intelligent chip to KNOW it has changed the quantum makeup of the cd it needs to have an exact point of reference to the change..thus the uncertainly principle...but OMG for you... >>> "Thus the uncertainty principle." Ha Ha, you're very funny. Why not say thus Chaos Theory or thus the Theory of Relativity or thus The Photoelectric Effect? LOL

****another ad hominem

 

  the principle implies that it is impossible simultaneously to measure the present position while "determining" the future momentum of a particle or any object made up of particles with an arbitrary degree of accuracy and certainty. To measure the velocity of a particle, one must bounce other particles off of it, but such detection necessarily affects the particle being measured. The uncertainty principle says, for instance, that it is impossible to measure a particle's velocity in any moment and then have any hope of measuring its location for that moment (since the act of measurement of velocity immediately changed that particle's location). The observer must choose their knowledge of one time: the particle's location, or knowledge of its velocity. This is an intrinsic property of particle systems, not a statement about the observational strength of current technology.   Some uncertainty about a system of particles is unavoidable. One can at least, however, identify the average momentum and position of particles. Very good, you can cut and paste. And yes, I do not disagree with that paragraph. Unfortunately for your argument, however, it has nothing to do with the price of tea in China.LOL

****ad hominem coupled with a non response

 so if you bombard the cd players laser into your chip to effect a quantum change to the CD itself you cannot be certain where the quantum particle are going to end up...meaning that even if you can say for certainty where they are after the first usage of the chip the very next time the effect of change wont be identical...so the chip should have to "retreat" the CD...which you say it doesn't...that violates this principle... >>>>That's just some nonsense to make it appear as if you know something. I.e., pure speculation.

****wow lets just count the ad hominem is it possible to discuss it??

 

and lets not forget Chaos..

 Chaos theory has not only been found to be at the quantum level..so even after( if we assume) you have generated your quantum effect the resulting effect should not be in uniform but in a constant state of flux( IE Chaos) and this effect has not only been shown in theory but in laboratory test in Lasers themselves..so if your laser isn't uniform than the results from each smashing into the chip should also be different..so EVEN if you somehow managed to create a chip that behaves in constant uniformity( Einstein theory of unification would be required) the lasers and especially such cheap lasers as found in CD players would be subject to Chaos theory and that much is an absolute fact. "That much is an absolute fact." Yeah, right. Blah, blah, blah. LOL

 

****another non response

 

 

 

 

If you expect me to engage in a real discussion you're only insulting my intelligence.

So trying to challenge your theories..ask real questions...challenge the answers if need be...seek understanding and clarification...all of this insults your intelligence?? And of course I shouldn't be insulted by all the Ad hominem??? I should be insulted by this statement???  Do you mean unless I agree with you up front you wont engage in a real discussion? >>>>>But you haven't asked any real questions yet as far as I can tell, only offered up some illogical (strawman) arguments why the chip can't possibly work. Just a lot of name dropping and cutting and pasting that's supposed to make it look like you know something. LOL

**** even more non response and insults...what is wrong with posting evidence for everyone including you to see??? And yes i have asked you how you get around the fundamental physics??? still waiting for an answer

 

Your arguments are nothing more than Strawmen arguments. To whit: The chip is not cadmium, the CD laser doesn't smash into it and a particle accelerator is not required.

from your website I post...

"The Intelligent Chip works quantum mechanically via coherent quantum superposition and quantum entanglement. Two coherent light sources (the CD player laser and the quantum dots in the Intelligent Chip) interact with the atoms in the CD's polycarbonate layer to produce long-lasting, superior optical transparency for better optical signal to noise ratio during the laser-reading process. The active material in the Intelligent Chip is quantum dots - artificial atoms grown in the lab tuned to emit photons of a pre-determined wavelength.... Exactly.

 But the trip to the metallurgy lab was not in vain, at least as far as this little explanation is concerned, since the metals identified at the lab supports the notion that the tiny metal discs contain quantum dots or quantum dot arrays....

Quantum dots are "nanometer-scale" metal crystals originally developed in the 1980s for optoelectronic applications. The core of a quantum dot comprises only several hundred to several thousand atoms of a semiconductor material such as Cadmium Selenide (CdSe) or Indium Arsenide (InAs) in which "electron-hole pairs" can be created and confined. ... >>>>So, you think CdSe is Cadmium? That's funny! And you're trying to make some sort of point, how? Way to miss the whole point of quantum dots. Time to hit the stack, my pseudo skeptical friend.

As soon as the laser photons strike the quantum dots the dots fluoresce; the dots' emitted photons and the CD laser's photons immediately become entangled - both outside the player in the room and inside the player.

See..by your own words the cd players laser smashing into your chip containing the dots and changes the quantum makeup of the CD itself... >>>>Let me ask you a very simple question. How can the CD laser smash into the chip when the chip is sitting on top of the CD player?

****from your website...again...and if you object to the term smashing then call it whatever you want by your own site as noted the cd players laser light MUST interact with your chip..

"Back to the Intelligent Chip and our theory of operation. The theory thus far is that photons from two coherent light sources - the CD laser and the Intelligent Chip - combine to produce coherent quantum superposition in the atoms of the CD polycarbonate layer. But the $64,000 question is: How can the light from the two sources interact if they're separated by the solid metal chassis of the player? Remember, the chip is sitting on top of the player. The chassis of the CD player is much too thick for quantum tunneling to occur, so how can the CD laser light reach the Intelligent Chip in order to produce photoluminescence? AND how can the chip's emitted photons interact with the CD inside the player?

To answer those questions, consider that the CD player isn't really airtight or light-tight - it's actually a "leaky box" with many small openings and gaps in the chassis through which light can easily pass. The CD laser light reaches the Intelligent Chip by escaping through those openings and gaps and filling up the room. "

now I have to admit this is really funny...gaps??? But even more amazing that you make an issue of it being on top of the player but your OWN LATEST GREATEST PRODUCT you seem to forget is your SUPER CHIP according to your site again...is...

"The Super Intelligent Chip, designed and manufactured by Machina Dynamica, is considerably more powerful than the original Chip due to advancements in technology and method of use. The Super Intelligent Chip is a small 1/2" silver disc that is attached on the lower level of the CD tray used for Mini Discs."

****so really here is a case where you do have it right in the lasers path as oppossed to through the gaps and holes...I actually gave this approach much more credence than the light escapes through the gap BS...but in order to try to insult and discredit me you pretend like I didn't read your site...well whets the super chip doing in the tray??? I thought it was on top of the player getting smashed with leaking laser light??? Either way you look at it your site clearly states your chip needs the CD players laser light to work...cuz otherwise it would work with any ol' light source...HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW YOU ARE SELLING THIS SUPER CHIP THAT GOES IN THE PLAYYER NOT ON TOP!!!!!???

I am sorry to all those offended that I actually posted the info from his site as I am not attempting to propagate such but since he basically either is calling me a liar or an idiot( I think both based on his posts) I had to point out the obvious No, actually I'm calling you misinformed.

***but everything I have said I have now posted evidence for including your own website...and based on all the personal insults you have launched I seriously doubt misinformed is what your are conveying here...

Follow? I bet you think this is some sort of peer review forum. LOL

 ...but if you really and truly are right and you really have found a way to predict the effects of a quantum change and that the change is consistent and that you have developed a chip that not only can do this but knows what it has done I would think you would be falling out of your chair rushing for a peer review...I would. >>>>>If you are an example of the sort of person who would be peer reviewing the chip, then I'll pass. And, yes, I really and truly am right.

and of course you finish with ANOTHER insult/ad hominem.

Geoff its pretty clear you are not comfortable explaining your chip...why one of your education feels you need to reduce this to middle school insults is indicative of your weakness of conviction of your theories and products...OK then...I would say send me a chip and I will try it but I doubt you would...my total systems cost is around a hundred grand so I'm sure it is resolving enough to work with your chip..and I have numerous players at all price points and quality to try..

At this point I will excuse myself from participating in insults..send me a chip and I will try it...remember if I say it doesn't work you will just say I was predisposition as such but if it really does work and i say so then wouldn't that be a vindication, for this thread at least, that your product works as advertised?? There is nothing more worth bantering about...you can have the last word( for this at least!)

Geoff Kait Machina Dynamica We do Artificial Atoms Right

geoffkait
geoffkait's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 sec ago
Joined: Apr 29 2008 - 5:10am
the chip explanation

"Geoff its pretty clear you are not comfortable explaining your chip...why one of your education feels you need to reduce this to middle school insults is indicative of your weakness of conviction of your theories and products."

Geez, Louise, how could I be uncomfortable explaining my chip since I already explained it 6 years ago? On the contrary, the weakness is not mine but yours - weakness in the subject matter, weakness in reading comprehension, weakness is asking the right questions and weakness in presenting logical arguments.

I respectfully decline your invitation to send you my Super Intelligent Chip as I see no advantage for me to do so. In addition, I suspect this discussion can serve no further purpose.

"There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Geoff Kait
Machina Dynamica
We do Artificial Atoms Right

JohnnyR
JohnnyR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: Sep 10 2011 - 10:12am
I'll explain it for you Mr Kait

Your chip does NOTHING. There that was easy.

The weakness is your bogus products and silly false explanations.

Yes having someone with some real ability to test your product would be a disadvantage for you since it would show just how useless it is to the world.

Quoting Shakespeare now? You left off your trademark LOL at the end by the way.

"We do artificial atoms right" LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL  I appreciate the joke at the end, thanks.

geoffkait
geoffkait's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 sec ago
Joined: Apr 29 2008 - 5:10am
That tickles
JohnnyR wrote:

Your chip does NOTHING. There that was easy.

The weakness is your bogus products and silly false explanations.

Yes having someone with some real ability to test your product would be a disadvantage for you since it would show just how useless it is to the world.

Quoting Shakespeare now? You left off your trademark LOL at the end by the way.

"We do artificial atoms right" LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL  I appreciate the joke at the end, thanks.

I'm rewarding your continued sniping and stalking by promoting you to Junior Stalker. Welcome aboard. As a token of my appreciation for your harmless, impotent rantings, I suggest you give some serious consideration to changing your moniker to Tickle Me Elmo.

LOL

Geoff Kait
Machina Erotica
We do Artificial Atoms Right

JohnnyR
JohnnyR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: Sep 10 2011 - 10:12am
Harmless impotent rantings

describes you to a tee indeed. How many years have you been on here now spouting the same old crap? I suggest you change your moniker to Liar Liar from the Jim Carrey movie. Honestly the more you open mouth and insert foot the funnier it gets on here.

jazzfan
jazzfan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 1 day ago
Joined: Sep 8 2005 - 8:55am
No more lies
JohnnyR wrote:

describes you to a tee indeed. How many years have you been on here now spouting the same old crap? I suggest you change your moniker to Liar Liar from the Jim Carrey movie. Honestly the more you open mouth and insert foot the funnier it gets on here.

John,

It's good to see that you've chosen the "why bother" route when dealing with Mr. Kait, otherwise known as the weasel. Trying to debate him is strictly an exercise in futility. There is absolutely no proof that any of the junk he sells actually works and to add insult to injury he tells those who shout "the emperor has no clothes" that it they who are blind.

You may notice that my posts have now come down to just referring to both Mr. Kait and May Belt as pure hucksters and that the stuff (I won't even refer to it as "products") they sell is pure junk. Anything less would be a big fat lie.

Buddha
Buddha's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 6 months ago
Joined: Sep 8 2005 - 10:24am
Time to open up the posting opportunities...

Given the condoning of Geoff and May's marketing ploys, I don't see why "Casino 1487" and "Free Cell Phone 435" have their posts wiped.

I can't believe 杰出生产管理、工厂精细化规范管理实战 isn't allowed to post about his terrific catalog of discounted electronics, including Kirsch, Crell, Name, Lynne, Continual, Sure, SMEE, Wiltson, and Spektral gear; all at pennies on the dollar.

杰出生产管理、工厂精细化规范管理实战 is as legit as Geoff or May, after all.

He even includes testimonials from satisfied cutomers - just like Machina Dynamica - how could it not be true?

Another example of potential legitimate businesses who perhaps just lack the ability to have their posts appear: I just got an email from an inside source providing a testimonial that Chief (Mrs.) Farida M. Waziri really is sitting on 550 million dollars in Nigeria!

If we pool our resources for the 15,000 dollar transfer fee, we could all be rich enough to buy May's "Quantum Roach Clip" at about 900 bucks per.

http://www.belt.demon.co.uk/product/quantum/quantum.html

Interesting that just because a scam involves audio, it's OK.

devil

 

 

jazzfan
jazzfan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 1 day ago
Joined: Sep 8 2005 - 8:55am
How true
Buddha wrote:

Interesting that just because a scam involves audio, it's OK.

devil

 

Ain't that the truth!

JohnnyR
JohnnyR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: Sep 10 2011 - 10:12am
Maybe Ms Belt

is telling some truth? From her website and the link posted by Buddha,

The Tweezers can be applied at any angle in respect to the nut at the end of the Clip

I'm guessing she didn't mean the "nut" as in anyone who paid for this crap but hey

jgossman
jgossman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 20 hours ago
Joined: Aug 18 2011 - 6:21am
HMMM....

My guess is your server has had an allergic reaction to complete and utter non-sense.  If Monty Python set up a site to sell non-sense to audiophiles, it would be machinadynamica.com.

I am rarely in disbelief when it comes to audio non-sense, but that site really takes the cake.

jgossman
jgossman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 20 hours ago
Joined: Aug 18 2011 - 6:21am
Indeed, after spending more

Indeed, after spending more time on your site...  it is why the Federal Government exists, and I dislike the intervention of govenrnment in most forms.  It's the biggest bunch of you know what this side of a state fair.

geoffkait
geoffkait's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 sec ago
Joined: Apr 29 2008 - 5:10am
write your congressman
jgossman wrote:

Indeed, after spending more time on your site...  it is why the Federal Government exists, and I dislike the intervention of govenrnment in most forms.  It's the biggest bunch of you know what this side of a state fair.

I appreciate your angst and anger, but perhaps a few inquires to, you know, the Better Business Bureau or Federal Trade Commission, perhaps Ripoff Report or The Amazing Randi can help you out of your misery? Or just write your congressman. LOL

geoff kait
machina dynamica

JohnnyR
JohnnyR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: Sep 10 2011 - 10:12am
I find that

just reading your responses to people on here is enough to ward off any sales from your website. Keep up the "intelligent" replies there Mr Kait, it only hurts your income not ours.

geoffkait
geoffkait's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 sec ago
Joined: Apr 29 2008 - 5:10am
Stalker Alert
JohnnyR wrote:

just reading your responses to people on here is enough to ward off any sales from your website. Keep up the "intelligent" replies there Mr Kait, it only hurts your income not ours.

Go back to Hydrogen Audio where you belong, goofball.

Geoff Kait
Machina Dramatica

JohnnyR
JohnnyR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: Sep 10 2011 - 10:12am
Stereophile Love it or Leave it

Wow I'm surprised you even know about Hydrogen Audio, how come you don't post on that forum? Oh yeah now that I think about it, you wouldn't stand a chance talking to a bunch of real scientific types who base their audio experiences on proven methods that doesn't involve voodoo belief systems like your "products" do. Yep they expect some honesty which you obviosly don't have. Keep muddeling along here Mr Kait, one day it will all be over and done with and you will be remembered fondly as........as.........well perhaps not remembered fondly or remembered at all.

jgossman
jgossman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 20 hours ago
Joined: Aug 18 2011 - 6:21am
Sighhh...

Yes, there you have it.  I suppose if one doesn't tend cattle, one is unable to distinguist bullshit from fresh milk.

But I digress.  I suppose all this messing around with upgrading to relatively inexpensive modern capacitors and connectors that both measureably and sonically improve both solid state and valve equipment is silly and my quest should be to spend over a hundred bucks on your intelligent chips.  How about I simply polish up an old washer and place them around my cd player rather than replacing 6 year old .89 Blackgate capacitors with 2.00 Silmic II's with measurably faster rise and release time and objectively recognizable detail preservation.  Is the hole drilled in the middle of the "chip" really going to reduce it's ability to not do anything?

And I'm accused to being angry...  You sir are really something.

geoffkait
geoffkait's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 sec ago
Joined: Apr 29 2008 - 5:10am
There appear to be some holes in your reality
jgossman wrote:

Yes, there you have it.  I suppose if one doesn't tend cattle, one is unable to distinguist bullshit from fresh milk.

>>>>>>>Good point. And how can one form a reasonable opinion about something without seeing or hearing it? It's one thing to be skeptical, another to be overly suspicious.

But I digress.  I suppose all this messing around with upgrading to relatively inexpensive modern capacitors and connectors that both measureably and sonically improve both solid state and valve equipment is silly and my quest should be to spend over a hundred bucks on your intelligent chips. 

>>>>>Who would not agree that capacitors and connectors can make an audible improvement? My chip is only $29, so one must ask, Where's the beef? Have you actually measured capacitors and connectors? I thought not.

How about I simply polish up an old washer and place them around my cd player rather than replacing 6 year old .89 Blackgate capacitors with 2.00 Silmic II's with measurably faster rise and release time and objectively recognizable detail preservation. 

>>>>That's a rather silly (to use your word) argument. Who would suggest such a thing? Certainly not me. Have you actually measured the rise time and release time of Blackgate capacitors? I thought not. "Objectively recognizable detail preservation" - excellent, excellent.....LOL

Is the hole drilled in the middle of the "chip" really going to reduce it's ability to not do anything?

>>>>>>There is no hole drilled in the middle of the chip, sir. Perhaps it would be best to express dogmatic opinions after a little investigation.

And I'm accused to being angry...  You sir are really something.

>>>>>My bad. :-)

Geoff Kait
Machina Dynamica

JohnnyR
JohnnyR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: Sep 10 2011 - 10:12am
What BS

>>>>>Who would not agree that capacitors and connectors can make an audible improvement? My chip is only $29, so one must ask, Where's the beef? Have you actually measured capacitors and connectors? I thought not.

 

 

Honsetly this is one of the funniest qustions to spew from your mouth Mr Kait considering you haven't measured anything when it comes to your chip. So I ask you in return, have you actually measured your chip? I thought not. "Only" $29 hmmmmm lets see that's about $29 too much since it does NOTHING to contribute to making the sound different.

 

>>>>>>There is no hole drilled in the middle of the chip, sir. Perhaps it would be best to express dogmatic opinions after a little investigation

 

The only holes are in the people's heads who buy your crap. Oh and the holes in all your "explanations" as to how they "work"

geoffkait
geoffkait's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 sec ago
Joined: Apr 29 2008 - 5:10am
measurements are for sissies

Way to miss the whole point, my slow witted friend. *I* never said measurements are necessary, or even desirable. Measurements are for sissies. You know, the ones who can't hear. Like yourself, one assumes.

Geoff Kait
machina dynamica

JohnnyR
JohnnyR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: Sep 10 2011 - 10:12am
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Wow!  You just hit a new low there Mr Kait. You can't supply ANY measurements because, let's face it, your products do NOTHING and doing so would just prove that they do just that. Sissies?  Oh you must mean REAL scientists and engineers not pesudo-science quacks like yourelf. The only thing you seem to hear are the voices inside your head. Please get some professional help before it's too late.

geoffkait
geoffkait's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 sec ago
Joined: Apr 29 2008 - 5:10am
The measurements game

No need to get yourself all worked up. Like all manufacturers, I am not obligated to supply measurements. I suspect you didn't know that. Most people rely on independent labs and reviewers for measurements. I suspect you didn't know that, either. Do you demand meaurements when you buy a TV? Of course not. Case closed. You can go back to riding your tricycle.

geoff kait
machina dynamica

JohnnyR
JohnnyR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: Sep 10 2011 - 10:12am
More Horse Hockey

Puhleeez what sad excuses from Pseudo-science boy.  Go back to making up more voodoo products for us to have a good laugh over and leave the real science to the pros.

  • X
    Enter your Stereophile.com username.
    Enter the password that accompanies your username.
    Loading