Man, this hits me in the gut.....Jay era wilco was a big part of my life. I just communicated with him not too long ago.
High blood pressure. Heart disease. Diabetes. The three biggest killers.
I thought cancer was one of the top 3?
I'm basing my opinion on Dr. G. She is down on personal decisions that lead to these three causes. But, the CDC has the count...
Number of deaths for leading causes of death 2006
* Heart disease: 631,636
* Cancer: 559,888
* Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 137,119
* Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 124,583
* Accidents (unintentional injuries): 121,599
* Diabetes: 72,449
* Alzheimer's disease: 72,432
* Influenza and Pneumonia: 56,326
* Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 45,344
* Septicemia: 34,234
If you get bored at work you can always read the latest edition of the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.
I just hope it wasnt substance related.
He had been prepping for a hip replacement surgery...
I hope that as well. He was probably in pain all the time.