You are here
Awhile back, the DC power jack on one of my heavily modded Perpetual Technologies P-3A DACs disintegrated. I couldn't locate the proper replacement part. As a temporary fix, I glued the part together so that I could still listen to music in my main system. Only recently, someone with a similar problem posted in a forum asking about this part, and within a few days, someone from Perpetual Technologies posted a part number in response. I should've just e-mailed them in the first place, but, since my temporary fix was working, I didn't bother. I ordered the part (actually 10 of them in case my other gear fails) the other day and fired up my soldering iron last night. It was a fun, easy fix. I love the smell of melting solder in the morning! While I had the unit open, I inserted some bits of sorbothane to the inside front wall of the DAC's shell to dampen any vibration to the circuit board, which floats a bit loosely in a slotted track and butts against the front of the inside of the case. This seems to have helped performance (somewhat better spatial presentation), but, I could be mistaken, for all you objectivists.