I'm new to the forum, and new to the world of vinyl/turntables/etc., and I'm seeking some expert advice.
I'm getting in at the ground level here...my knowledge is pretty limited, but I've been working towards acquiring a system for quite some time. Last summer I purchased a u-turn audio turntable, and it is set to deliver tomorrow.
I've also purchased the phono pre-amp, so I'm now in the market for an amp/speaker setup to complete things. Does anyone have suggestions?
here are the factors at play for me:
1. price; money is certainly an object; i'm talking no more than $300 for speakers/amp
2. location; i live in a rural area, so there are no local options for me, shopping will be online
3. simplicity; i'm far from an expert when it comes to this equipment, so it will have to be fairly idiot-proof
4. quality; i understand my budget limits me here, but i want the most bang for the buck (duh)
5. finally; i'll be listening mostly to indie/rock/etc., but i'm not looking to blow anyones doors off, smallish bookshelf type speakers would be fine for me
-I have considered going the vintage route for speakers in particular, but my location would limit that to shopping online exclusively, and that's proven to be difficult for me
-I have also considered going the "powered" speaker route, but i'm not sure if that's best
any and all suggestions are welcomed and appreciated