Hi, I am new to Hi-Fi home stereo although I know a little about headphone hi-fi. I was recently about to blow all my money on a pair of Grado RS-1's, a Ray Samuel's Emmeline 2 The Raptor amp, a Lavry Black DA10 D/A converter, and a yet to be chosen SACD player.
However I decided to buy a small stereo instead and this being a area I am unexperienced in a have run into problems. I decided to buy a pair of B&W book shelf speakers or used martin logans or anything in the thousand dollar price range. I know im going to bi-amp and probably buy a Dared SL-2000A preamp. So in my mind i see my setup like this...
SACD player >> DAC converter >> preamp >> amp(x2) >> speakers
1. my question is... Do i need the DAC? will it provide better sound? my belief is 'yes' it will provide better sound by using the digital out on the SACD player and bypassing the built in DAC of whatever SACD player I buy.
2. Is the preamp even necessary if im running a DAC inbetween my amps and source?
3. I have no idea what kind of amps to buy but I like tubes. Any recommendations? (looking to spend a thousand here too, I saw a pair of sound valve m40's on audiogon in this price range).
4. Is a monoblock amp for bass?
5. Is the Dared SL-2000A a good product?
Thanks in advance for having read this far and for any good info you might provide me with