Listening #122 List of the Month
Sidebar 1: List of the Month
When good people make bad music
There are precious few who could not, given the tools and the time, create a repulsive record; as with so many things, the achievement becomes remarkable only in the hands of those for whom it is a challenge. With that in mind, here are five slipshod singles and five awful albums by artists who really have, at one time or another, known better. Special recognition goes to "Do the Clam," if only because it took fully three people just to write the thing.
1) Simon and Garfunkel: "We've Got a Groovy Thing Going"
2) The Beatles: "Only a Northern Song"
3) Elvis Presley: "Do the Clam"
4) Frank Sinatra: "Bim Bam Baby"
5) Joni Mitchell: "Coyote"
1) The Band: Islands
2) The Rolling Stones: Their Satanic Majesties Request
3) Bob Dylan: Infidels
4) The Clash: Cut the Crap
5) Elvis Costello: The Juliet Letters