**skip to summary section if you don't want to read**
So I've been trying to do some research on my own looking for my first actually good entry level headphones for around $100. In my searches I have become somewhat bewildered by all the choices and could use some help deciding what headphones would be right for me. I was initially looking at audiotechnica ath-ad700, through some recommendations from my brother but, I watched a video with a self proclaimed audio specialist in which he noted the headphones were loose even on his "giant head". He recommended the Grado Prestige Series SR80i Stereo Headphones over the audiotechnicas. I did research on the grado headphones but, everybody seemed to find they were weak in terms of bass, which is a huge factor in my decision because I listen to a lot of rap, hip hop, and dubstep (also rock but that isn't exactly base dependent). I later looked into some Sennheiser and cam back to audiotechnica for the Audio Technica ATHES55BK On-Ear Headphones. I was also wondering if anybody knows the quality of these because there are literally no information on them anywhere on the internet.
- I'm lost and need help finding over/on ear headphones around $100
- Headphones that don't require a amplifier to preform at full potential
- I primarily listen to rap, hip-hop, and dubstep. (rock also)
- audiotechnica ath-ad700 seemed to large/bulky of a fit for me
- Grado Prestige Series SR80i Stereo Headphones supposedly lack bass
- anybody know anything about Audio Technica ATHES55BK On-Ear Headphones
Thanks for your time, and any suggestions would be immensely appreciated.