Let me first say how indispensible this forum has been for me over the past few weeks & months as I started my forte into purchasing my first respectable hi-fi system.
That being said, I have shortlisted some components and actually made some purchases. I'm looking for opinions on my choices so far, as well as recommendations on the pieces that I'm still missing. For reference, I’m in the USA and have set a budget of ~$3000 for the entire system.
- Loudspeakers: Monitor Audio RX6 (purchased)
- Subwoofer: Martin Logan Dynamo 700 (purchased)
- Integrated Amp: Marantz PM6004
- CD Player: Marantz CD6004
- Turntable: Marantz TT42 (though I am starting to seriously consider the Rega RP1)
- DAC (for use with Apple Airport Express): Peachtree Audio DacIt
- Cables and Interconnects: looking for recommendations!
What do you think? What am I missing?
Thanks in advance!