I think sony red book cd and sacd or dvd-audio format is not a good approach to digital.
i think storing audio data with error checking bits(like our computer files on hard)is a better solution, tell me why?
1. cd quality will reduce accross time with playing it with transport laser beam and we should buy same album from local store
2. sound quality will not decrease when we copy albums to our PC
2. no need to buying good transport and sound quality depends only to DAC(analog design) quality
4. we can download and share albums with each other for reducing cost
with no loss of quality in audio data
5. convertion from one format like DSD to another format is possible in our computer(by softwares) with no loss of qulity (no need to buy expensive dcs d/d converter)
6. we live happier guys
what's your idea about sony and digital encoding?