My copy of Stereophile came late, so I just finished reading AD's Listening section. He wrote about SET components and a mono record that he newly rediscovered and enjoyed. Towards the end of the article, AD writes:
"The next time someone tells me that they know that the realistic reproduction of music in the home requires
1) 24big/192khz (or whatever)
2) perfectly flat frequency response
3) bass down to 20hz
4) 5.1 channels - or even 2.0 channels
5) High power (I was listening with a 15W Shindo amp) or
6) or any other single thing,
I will do my best to smile, to be humble, patient and kind as I remind them that, like most of us, they know nothing at all."
Perhaps DUP is too small a fish. Perhaps AD took a swipe at JGH for his comments in "As we see it"? Perhaps both?
Art, if you frequent these forums, I'd love to hear from you.