You are here

Log in or register to post comments
ncdrawl
ncdrawl's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 months ago
Joined: Oct 18 2008 - 9:18am
DBT testing


Quote:

Believe whatever you wish, but calling us "pimps" seems a little overboard don't you think. How do you determine which manfacturers are crooks?

If you cannot figure out why I would err on the side of an educated, well respected person with no interests (financially) VS the input of those with vested financial interests in this audiophilia game.... theres not much I can do to bring you closer to any truth....


Quote:

And why do you only bash certain manufacturers,

the childish jaded routine/chip on the shoulder you have with respect to Mr. Winer is a huge part of my writing you off. There are no doubts in my mind that others feel the same way.

tomjtx
tomjtx's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: Nov 12 2006 - 2:53pm
Re: DBT testing


Quote:

Quote:
Believe whatever you wish, but calling us "pimps" seems a little overboard don't you think. How do you determine which manfacturers are crooks?

If you cannot figure out why I would err on the side of an educated, well respected person with no interests (financially) VS the input of those with vested financial interests in this audiophilia game.... theres not much I can do to bring you closer to any truth....


Quote:
And why do you only bash certain manufacturers,

the childish jaded routine/chip on the shoulder you have with respect to Mr. Winer is a huge part of my writing you off. There are no doubts in my mind that others feel the same way.

Count me in. sasaudio lost his credibility quite some time ago , IMO.

SAS Audio
SAS Audio's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: Jun 6 2007 - 6:56am
Re: DBT testing


Quote:

Count me in. sasaudio lost his credibility quite some time ago , IMO.

Pretending to be interested potential customers? Wow, now that is a reverse.

Not surprising comments though, since both were caught red handed misleading, shilling, and attacking competitors. Is this your way of retaliation????

Another difference between you two and me is that I have presented college textbook scientific evidence to back me up over the months. But I guess you both want me to keep my mouth shut so the public does not know the evidence, and not to embarrasses you and your side. Sorry but I am not here to rip off the public but provide the evidence.

ncdrawl
ncdrawl's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 months ago
Joined: Oct 18 2008 - 9:18am
Re: DBT testing


Quote:
But I guess you both want me to keep my mouth shut so the public does not know the evidenceSorry but I am not here to rip off the public but provide the evidence.

whatever gets you through the day, guy. I personally dont care if you spout off all day or not.It makes no difference to me. My mind has been made up about you for about 3 months now, ever since youve made your plain-as-day grudge with Mr. Winer a public issue, and continue to, even still.... your "scientific evidence" is just background noise.

the "shilling" thing is hilarious, given that I dont even own any of Ethan's products. I will , because I respect him and what he has done for the audio realm.

SAS Audio
SAS Audio's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: Jun 6 2007 - 6:56am
Re: DBT testing


Quote:

Quote:
But I guess you both want me to keep my mouth shut so the public does not know the evidenceSorry but I am not here to rip off the public but provide the evidence.

whatever gets you through the day, guy. I personally dont care if you spout off all day or not.It makes no difference to me. My mind has been made up about you for about 3 months now, ever since youve made your plain-as-day grudge with Mr. Winer a public issue, and continue to, even still.... your "scientific evidence" is just background noise.

the "shilling" thing is hilarious, given that I dont even own any of Ethan's products. I will , because I respect him and what he has done for the audio realm.

I am talking to you and Tomjtx. And the scientific evidence is how one arrives at the truth, which is what you proclaim you go by. So why are you now back peddling when it comes to presenting scientific evidence and the results thereby obtained???

Does one just pick and choose what scientific evidence to present and to whom??

So we have a "grudge" if we present college textbook scientific evidence that defies yours or your side's position?? Kinda opposite what you have been standing up for. So you are the one who picks and chooses what we should believe regardless of the college textbook scientific evidence, and we are to blindly follow you in error?

So why the sudden change to the anti-scientific stance and personal attacks on me for having presented textbook scientific evidence so one can arrive at the truth??

tomjtx
tomjtx's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: Nov 12 2006 - 2:53pm
Re: DBT testing


Quote:

Quote:
But I guess you both want me to keep my mouth shut so the public does not know the evidenceSorry but I am not here to rip off the public but provide the evidence.

whatever gets you through the day, guy. I personally dont care if you spout off all day or not.It makes no difference to me. My mind has been made up about you for about 3 months now, ever since youve made your plain-as-day grudge with Mr. Winer a public issue, and continue to, even still.... your "scientific evidence" is just background noise.

the "shilling" thing is hilarious, given that I dont even own any of Ethan's products. I will , because I respect him and what he has done for the audio realm.

I think sas has gone off the deep end, nc.

I don't own any realtraps either

Although I may some day, he makes a good product.

sas seems so obsessed by his hostility toward Ethan it is creating paranoia.
It's as if defending or supporting Ethan is tantamount to attacking sas, a very weird logic.

His attacks on me began after I nicely recommended that his attacks might not put him in the best light.
He appears to be a somewhat disturbed individual.
I can't imagine anyone reading his posts would still be interested in his products even though they may be excellent.

For me it's time to hit the ignore button on sas.

SAS Audio
SAS Audio's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: Jun 6 2007 - 6:56am
Re: DBT testing


Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
But I guess you both want me to keep my mouth shut so the public does not know the evidenceSorry but I am not here to rip off the public but provide the evidence.

whatever gets you through the day, guy. I personally dont care if you spout off all day or not.It makes no difference to me. My mind has been made up about you for about 3 months now, ever since youve made your plain-as-day grudge with Mr. Winer a public issue, and continue to, even still.... your "scientific evidence" is just background noise.

the "shilling" thing is hilarious, given that I dont even own any of Ethan's products. I will , because I respect him and what he has done for the audio realm.

I think sas has gone off the deep end, nc.

I don't own any realtraps either

Although I may some day, he makes a good product.

sas seems so obsessed by his hostility toward Ethan it is creating paranoia.
It's as if defending or supporting Ethan is tantamount to attacking sas, a very weird logic.

His attacks on me began after I nicely recommended that his attacks might not put him in the best light.
He appears to be a somewhat disturbed individual.
I can't imagine anyone reading his posts would still be interested in his products even though they may be excellent.

For me it's time to hit the ignore button on sas.

------------

Hi Tomjtx,

Anyone who has seen you in action for a long period of time recognizes your affiliation to some while attacking others. Changing positions depending upon the string demonstrates more of an affiliation than a conviction to textbook scientific evidence and truth.

And I never mentioned his name, you and NC did. Aren't there other manufacturers that you have already exposed, just as I have exposed them?? So why your preoccupation with linking this one manufacturer to me?? I just present the textbook scientific evidence, as you claim to like, but which evidently you do not like afterall.

But if fraud and personal attacks are being committed by anyone, anyone (and no facts have been presented), on me or the general public, would you have me keep my mouth shut and dupe the public?? That sounds like a protection racket, an alliance, to me.


Quote:
His attacks on me began after I nicely recommended that his attacks might not put him in the best light.

Not really the truth Tom. Come on now.

It is interesting considering you did not like me, my design, and parts philosophies before. What a sudden change. Of course Tomjtx using a phychological tatic called "Crowd Psychology" in an attempt to silence me from providing any further textbook scientific evidence, me supposively fearing he would continue to attack and affect my sales. And he just tried that tatic again as seen above. By the way, isn't it good to present textbook scientific evidence to help the public reach the truth or to keep the public in confusion??

By the way, here are some definitions of a shill.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/shill

Quote:
a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty.


So one does not have to own any product to be a shill. There are other forms of payment such as saving money, under the table etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill

And midway in the article "truth be told" about groups and how they work. http://www.boundforsound.com/reviews.htm#Truth

Notice some pose as typical audiophiles but with a goal of undermining some manufacturers while propping up others. As seen under shill, there is personal gain, friendship, loyalty, other forms of payment etc.

Your track record tells a quite different story than you would like the viewers to know.

ncdrawl
ncdrawl's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 months ago
Joined: Oct 18 2008 - 9:18am
Re: DBT testing


Quote:

Anyone who has seen you in action for a long period of time recognizes your affiliation to some while attacking others.


now who would that be?? We both know who you are talking about, guy. Don't try and pretend otherwise.

Quote:
And I never mentioned his name, you and NC did.


the thing is, we could have avoided mentioning his name altogether and yet STILL your motives would be as plain as day.


Quote:
So why your preoccupation with linking this one manufacturer to me??

the obsession with Mr. Winer is all yours. We just choose to call you on it. again, cmon guy... you have a schoolyard grudge with Mr. Winer and take every opportunity to bash him blatently(such as shooting off at the mouth about a 47 mic amplifier, even though that subject has nothing to do with anything... besides that, your judgement on the amp is your opinion, having little or nothing to do with science. Perhaps when youve been in the recording business(I didnt say the audio amp business, I said the recording business) for say...any amount of time, your ideas about mic amplifiers may begin to hold water...


Quote:
I just present the textbook scientific evidence

no, what you present is evidence of your childlike obsession with Mr. Winer, with all the jabs, incessant rambles.. it is quite tiring.


Quote:
But if fraud.... would you have me keep my mouth shut and dupe the public??


yes, I would quite prefer it, actually. Anyone who knows Mr. Winer would scoff at your "fraud" accusations.. He is very well respected and has a large number of friends and clients in the audio community(some of whom (IE Bob Katz(maybe youve heard of him, he is perhaps one of the most well known mastering engineers around.check out his MKII Version of "MASTERING AUDIO" (details can be found on his website--www.digido.com)...as such, I find your ultimately fruitless campaign against him, well... ridiculous.


Quote:
It is interesting considering you did not like me, my design, and parts philosophies before.

I was so turned off by your childish rantings re Mr. Winer, hell.. I never even looked at your amps ..it is doubtful that I ever will! Personality is a big part of my choosing to commit to a dealer/builder, and youve shot yourself in the ass there, bud. I have no doubts that there are others that share the sentiments of Tom and I.


Quote:
By the way, here are some definitions of a shill

If my sticking up for Ethan and attesting to his character makes me a shill, guilty as charged. That reminds me, I need to ask Ethan to get my check for last week in the mail. :rolleyes:


Quote:
Your track record tells a quite different story than you would like the viewers to know.

your track record sums up the motives of SASAUDIO quite well, unfortunately(for your business and potential customer base) a good portion of your posts involve Mr. Winer in some way or other, get a hobby or a woman(or a man if thats your thing), fella. Realize that your "ground campaign" to sully the reputation of Mr. Winer has been, and will continue to be a failure. Make peace with it and move on so that the rest of us dont have to read your nonsense.

SAS Audio
SAS Audio's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: Jun 6 2007 - 6:56am
Re: DBT testing


Quote:

Quote:

Anyone who has seen you in action for a long period of time recognizes your affiliation to some while attacking others.


now who would that be?? We both know who you are talking about, guy. Don't try and pretend otherwise.

Quote:
And I never mentioned his name, you and NC did.


the thing is, we could have avoided mentioning his name altogether and yet STILL your motives would be as plain as day.


Quote:
So why your preoccupation with linking this one manufacturer to me??

the obsession with Mr. Winer is all yours. We just choose to call you on it. again, cmon guy... you have a schoolyard grudge with Mr. Winer and take every opportunity to bash him blatently(such as shooting off at the mouth about a 47 mic amplifier, even though that subject has nothing to do with anything... besides that, your judgement on the amp is your opinion, having little or nothing to do with science. Perhaps when youve been in the recording business(I didnt say the audio amp business, I said the recording business) for say...any amount of time, your ideas about mic amplifiers may begin to hold water...


Quote:
I just present the textbook scientific evidence

no, what you present is evidence of your childlike obsession with Mr. Winer, with all the jabs, incessant rambles.. it is quite tiring.


Quote:
But if fraud.... would you have me keep my mouth shut and dupe the public??


yes, I would quite prefer it, actually. Anyone who knows Mr. Winer would scoff at your "fraud" accusations.. He is very well respected and has a large number of friends and clients in the audio community(some of whom (IE Bob Katz(maybe youve heard of him, he is perhaps one of the most well known mastering engineers around.check out his MKII Version of "MASTERING AUDIO" (details can be found on his website--www.digido.com)...as such, I find your ultimately fruitless campaign against him, well... ridiculous.


Quote:
It is interesting considering you did not like me, my design, and parts philosophies before.

I was so turned off by your childish rantings re Mr. Winer, hell.. I never even looked at your amps ..it is doubtful that I ever will! Personality is a big part of my choosing to commit to a dealer/builder, and youve shot yourself in the ass there, bud. I have no doubts that there are others that share the sentiments of Tom and I.


Quote:
By the way, here are some definitions of a shill

If my sticking up for Ethan and attesting to his character makes me a shill, guilty as charged. That reminds me, I need to ask Ethan to get my check for last week in the mail. :rolleyes:


Quote:
Your track record tells a quite different story than you would like the viewers to know.

your track record sums up the motives of SASAUDIO quite well, unfortunately(for your business and potential customer base) a good portion of your posts involve Mr. Winer in some way or other, get a hobby or a woman(or a man if thats your thing), fella. Realize that your "ground campaign" to sully the reputation of Mr. Winer has been, and will continue to be a failure. Make peace with it and move on so that the rest of us dont have to read your nonsense.

NC,


Quote:
(such as shooting off at the mouth about a 47 mic amplifier, even though that subject has nothing to do with anything... besides that, your judgement on the amp is your opinion, having little or nothing to do with science.

NC,

First off, your blow up and personal attack/discrediting attempts started on this string because I provided scientific information and I seriously questioned the validity of using a computer audio system or poor home analog system to compare different capacitors for sonic differences.

Next.

Oh really? I get the scientific evidence (and actual equations for any of my projects and posts) right out of college electronics engineering textbooks and the RCA Radiotron Designers Handbook, written by 26 RCA engineers. I back my comments with solid scientific evidence. Attempting to call the scientific results I present "opinion" is quite misleading and deceptive.

I have yet to see your side present even one shred of scientific evidence when bashing other manufacturers. However, I am on firm ground and can back up my assertions with college electronics engineering textbook evidence as mentioned above. No wonder at your attempt at personal intimidation/bashing of me.

The fact is I have caught you two more than once (and others) providing misinformation when bashing other manufacturers, so it is not just one manufacturer as you attempt to mislead NC. And you claim to be scientific. Yet you dismiss scientific information right out of college texts and RCA engineering books. So science is just a cover.

On at least two occasions your side has bashed Synergistics products within one week, while I presented scientific evidence supporting how Synergistics products might function, although I also want evidence to be presented to see the actual effectiveness.

In conclusion, presenting scientific textbook evidence is to help all the public arrive at the truth. That is the function of forums. Providing special "passes" for your side defeats the objective of a forum. The scientific evidence should be presented to all and for all to arrive at the truth, without the politics, unscientific bashing, and shilling your side attempts to do.

  • X
    Enter your Stereophile.com username.
    Enter the password that accompanies your username.
    Loading