You are here

Log in or register to post comments
rmilewsk
rmilewsk's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 11 months ago
Joined: May 27 2006 - 7:10pm
Chesky Records is pissing me off!

Has anyone tried to contact or order anything from chesky records in the past month? I ordered a few cd's about three weeks ago and recieved an email saying my order was recieved. As of today I haven't recieved anything. I have sent them three emails without any answer. I have also tried to call them about half a dozen times at different times of the day and different days of the week. Noone ever answers the phone and the message sends me to voicemail. The mailbox always states that it's full and noone can leave a message.

Is Chesky out of business or do they just treat all of their customers this badly?

Jeff Wong
Jeff Wong's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 8 months ago
Joined: Sep 6 2005 - 3:28am
Re: Chesky Records is pissing me off!

Aren't all mail order transactions given a 4-6 week window in which the seller can deliver the product, hence the "Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for shipping and handling" we used to see in all those comic books ads growing up?

That said, the lack of communication on Chesky's part is a bit disconcerting. Good luck.

CECE
CECE's picture
Offline
Last seen: Never ago
Joined: Sep 17 2005 - 8:16am
Re: Chesky Records is pissing me off!

I use a lot of www.cdconnection.com Great selection of stuff Blues...Also www.amazon.com Amazon has FREE shipping on over $25 orders on most items, it adds up Amazon also says delivery in some ridiculous time, the things usually amazingly show in a few days!!! Amazon is COOL. CD Connection is GREAT also. Acoustic Sounds delivers too...Also so is www.alligator.com

mikeymad
mikeymad's picture
Offline
Last seen: Never ago
Joined: May 31 2006 - 4:06pm
Re: Chesky Records is pissing me off!

They have a forum on their website. Give the other users a shout and see what is going on with their orders.

Good luck.

Lamont Sanford
Lamont Sanford's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: Mar 31 2006 - 8:32pm
Re: Chesky Records is pissing me off!


Quote:
Aren't all mail order transactions given a 4-6 week window in which the seller can deliver the product, hence the "Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for shipping and handling" we used to see in all those comic books ads growing up?

That said, the lack of communication on Chesky's part is a bit disconcerting. Good luck.

It stills takes 8 weeks to get an official Mr. Bubble T-shirt.

Lamont Sanford
Lamont Sanford's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: Mar 31 2006 - 8:32pm
Re: Chesky Records is pissing me off!


Quote:
I use a lot of www.cdconnection.com Great selection of stuff Blues...Also www.amazon.com Amazon has FREE shipping on over $25 orders on most items, it adds up Amazon also says delivery in some ridiculous time, the things usually amazingly show in a few days!!! Amazon is COOL. CD Connection is GREAT also. Acoustic Sounds delivers too...Also so is www.alligator.com

I don't know how many used books and cds my wife has ordered just through Amazon. They almost always look brand new when they arrive.

Lamont Sanford
Lamont Sanford's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: Mar 31 2006 - 8:32pm
Re: Chesky Records is pissing me off!


Quote:
They have a forum on their website. Give the other users a shout and see what is going on with their orders.

Good luck.

Posted By Discussion Topic: Worst Customer Service!!!!!
jhong 06-13-2006 @ 1:36 PM Reply to this Discussion Edit This Message Delete This Message.
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Jun. 06
more info... I am posting here because there is no where else to post a complaint. I have been waiting over a month and a half for my order and after repeated promises of delivery from the company nothing, just empty unfulfilled promises. I finally just told them to cancel my order and credit my credit card. Lets see how long that takes.

The worst part of all of this is that they didn't apologize once for the delays or as they say computer problems.

rmilewsk
rmilewsk's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 11 months ago
Joined: May 27 2006 - 7:10pm
Re: Chesky Records is pissing me off!

I have just verified that my credit card has been charged for this order. Since I have no way to verify if I will ever receive this purchase I will be disputing the charge with my credit card company and filing a complain against chesky with the better business bureau.

  • X
    Enter your Stereophile.com username.
    Enter the password that accompanies your username.
    Loading