Hi all! I've been playin' around w the settings & positioning on my sub and in 2 months it went from really bad,mushy sound, to decent, and now to a more controlled,subdued,clean bass output.
Although it sounds good to my ears I have this feeling there's somethin' missing. The manual is really really confusing (to me at least). Since the speakers bottom down to 40Hz I set the Crossover on the receiver a bit higher.
So here is the current set-up and settings:
- Wharfedale 10.4 floorstanders connected to Onkyo receiver (Crossover at 50hz), stereo mode, speakers setting to small.
- B&W sub connected with 1 cable to Left Line in as manual shows.
- Volume Line at about 60-70%
- Low Pass Freq. at 60Hz out of 180Hz
- Low Pass filter switch to IN
Btw I read that I should just set-up the Low Pass at max. 180Hz but I really hated the sound....it seemed like the bass was all over the place, like rumbling instead of a clean dry "thump" with a drum hit.
The other switches are in the standard position as it gave the best all around sound :
Bass extension to B position
EQ to A position
Phase at 0 position.