Hi All -
I am new to this group & a relatively new audiophile! So I need your help! :) I currently have the following:
1. Sony KDL46W4150 [46'' LCD TV with 120 Hz Motionflow 1080p]
2. Sony DAV-HDX576WF [Sony Home Theatre System]
5. Time Warner Scientific Atlantica Cable Box &
6. Apple TV
7. iPod Classic
I am trying to replace the Home Theatre System (not particularly looking for HTiB, but open to it). It is 3 years old, but I was never happy with the sound and the quite often the 'wireless' rear speakers would lose connection. On music with deep bass this system was pathetic, on others I have never had the 'crystal clear sound experience'.
My requirements are the following:
1. 5.1 Channel; with an option to expand to 7.1 at a later date
2. Wireless if possible
3. Not the big size speakers, looking for small footprint in the house [as I live in an apartment]
4. I watch a lot of Blu Ray's and listen to a ton of classical, world music. I have never been able to enjoy the 'crystal clear sound experience'! So I am in a quest for this :)
Thank you in advance for your advice!
Below is what is was recommended in another forum - Please let me know what you think.
HSU VTF-1 $400
4x Infinity P163: $340
1x Infinity PC251: $150
Yamaha A800: $400