You are here
My objective is to create an active music listening experience as close to a live acoustic event as possible in a home environment. SE Florida open floor plan design media room (14'-10"W X20'9"L X12'H). A kitchen area to the rear, and a breakfast nook at rear right wall. The AV system is used for weekend movies.
The stereo system consists of Raidho C3.0 speakers upgraded with C3.1 tweeters (positioned 64" from front wall; 30" from side walls, 114" center to center; 7" toe-in; 144" from listening position), Lindemann 830S preamp, Lindemann 855 dual mono amplifier, EMM Labs XDS1 CD/SACD player, Nordost Valhalla cabling, Nordost Ti Pulsar Points (resonance control), Quantum QX4 power conditioner, Isoclean 80A3 power distributor.
A Solidtech ROS Ref 4 w/Ultrasonic led lighted shelving is positioned left of the listening position supporting all stereo ancillary equipment except the Lindemann 855 amp which is located between the Raidho C3.0's on an Ultrasonic acrylic shelf supported by Nordost Ti pulsar points:
- EMM Labs XDS1
- Lindemann 830S
- Quantum QX-4
A Solid Tech Radius Solo 3 rack is positioned to the rear left side wall of the listening position supporting AV equipment:
- Integra DTC-9.8 Pre/Pro (connected to JVC projector via WireWorld 12M Ultraviolet HDMI cable)
- ATT Uverse STB
- Samsung BD-C6500 Blu-ray player
- Acurus 200X3 Amplifier
- SurgeX XU115 UPS (connected to JVC projector via Panamax MIWPOWERKIT Pro)
A JVC DLA-RS66U 4K front projector is hung from the rear hallway ceiling; a Definitive Technology SC8000 subwoofer positioned on left side wall; and a DaLite JKP Affinity 16:9 120" wide motorized screen is ceiling hung at the front wall.
A solid "system foundation" ensures optimum performance of the audio equipment:
- Symmetrical stereo speaker positioning away from obstacles and room boundaries with proper toe-in; equi-distance from listening position.
- Room acoustics to redice indirect sound reflections that "smear" audio and create spikes and nulls in the frequency response.
- Dedicated audio circuits with power conditioning to minimize electrical line noise.
- Synergistic cabling (PC's, IC's, speaker cable) to ensure design continuity throughout the electrical path.
- Resonance control to isolate audio equipment electrical noise and vibration.
Rives Audio level 2 acoustic design plan. Four diffuser "clouds" utilizing RPG BAD panels suspended from listening room ceiling. Absorber panels mounted in upper wall setback areas in kitchen and listening room. Double cell insulated shades providing absorption used for Breakfast Nook butt-glass windows & French door at room entrance. An ASC picture panel providing absorption is mounted on the rear hallway wall area. Area rugs are used on hard floor surfaces (tile, wood). RPG BAD panels are used to extend the right side wall, and Echobuster absorber panels are used to form a partial back wall during stereo listening sessions. This ameliorates the effects of the SE Florida open floor plan. Note: side wall absorption at first reflection points was restricting soundstage width and was thus removed from listening room.
White led strip lights on the bottom of upper decorator setback areas; and blue led strip lights around inside perimeter of center opening in ceiling diffuser panels for aesthetics.